Sunday, November 26, 2023

And the home of the......CHIEFS!

What a week!  While my anxiety was still playing in an endless loop in the back ground, we had overall a great week.  I guess I am just high functioning at this state.


We started out by going to Monday night football at Arrowhead Stadium.  While Neyland Stadium is larger and in my opinion louder, it was a ton of fun.  I had put out a plea on FB to find someone to ride with because the whole parking situation sounded like a nightmare.  I am so very glad that the Marions that use to live here in our area contacted me and said come on over and ride with us!  I would have seriously been in tears getting into the stadium and parking.  It seriously is the worst I have ever seen getting into and out of any big event I have ever been to.  We got a small taste of it years ago going to the Billy Joel concert at the K, which is next door.  It was so bad we almost didn't even see the beginning of the concert, but luckily he went on a little late so we didn't miss.  Talk about no direction or crowd control.  However, once we got in, it was easy to get around and get what you needed.  Plus, they had a gift shop right by our entrance to our seats so SCORE!  New hats and a clear bag for me, little tiny football players for Andrew and a magnet for our fridge.  The score didn't end of being what we wanted at all, but we had fun, slept at our friend's house for the night, and drove home the next day on 4ish hours of sleep.  Enjoy a bunch of photos taken in the rain with my phone not in order because iphotos has lost it's ever loving mind.



Kelce touchdown!


Chris Jones Sack!


My man, Jason Kelce.  Love him!


First time walking out and seeing an NFL game.  He just stopped and was in awe!


Jason Kelce warming up.


Glad to have the video boards because we were so short we couldn't see the entire game!  People stand up for four hours straight.  That is dedication!  Let me tell you I was sore from standing all night on that concrete.


ESPN Monday night football crew!


Coin toss with the captains!


Getting soaked but still loving it!  Little red's poncho ripped pretty badly walking over so I had to give up mine.  I think i was cold and wet for days after I got SO wet!


Chris Jones!  My favorite defensive player.  If I was sure he was going to stay with the Chiefs for longer I would totally buy his jersey.  I think he had 4 or 5 sacks just this game.


Warming up and drying off for a minute.  New hat, who dis?



Patrick tried so hard to get us the win.   No one could catch and or hold on to the ball.  It must be very disappointing for him but he is a true team player.   This has been a weird year and I hope they can resolve the issues and get back out there and be better than ever. 


Get that SACK!




My man :)  Love him.  Everyone loves Travis and not going to lie, he's a cutie, but give me a man with some substance.  Give me a thic boi.  


I honestly can't thank Chris, Evan, and Landa enough.  They drove us to the game and navigated the horrible down town traffic, got us to the parking lot and parked after a long slow wait, and then got us home post game after sitting in one spot for almost an hour not moving. You would think a professional sports organization would have their shiz to together to get people in and out of the game, but nope.  That's okay, if the weather, the loss, and the parking were the only bad parts, I will take it.  Little red got his first NFL game and got to see some amazing players play their hearts out.   Plus, during commercial breaks they dance and get silly and it's so fun to watch.  You think of them as robots but they are real people and they like to have fun too. 



It was also my birthday this week too!  Tuesday, my actual birthday day,  I worked all day on 4 hours of sleep and a ton of caffeine  It was totally worth it!


Came home to roses, beautiful flowers, and a card from Andrew that melted my heart.  Plus, Tony cooked me a simple but wonderful dinner of beef tips and gravy over mashed potatoes with my most fav veggie, asparagus.  YUM!  AND to top that off, my co worker knowing that I love peppermint made me a peppermint cheesecake.  I feel so loved.




Thanksgiving day/weekend was all about eating and resting.  I am not good at slowing down and just enjoying the moment, so my goal lately has been to just do that.  Tony and I worked hard together, him cooking and my cleaning.   We had an amazing dinner and we only did four loads of dishes that day LOL!  While we had said we were going to scale back this year, I don't really think he did.  The food was amazing, we froze half of everything and had two days of good food before tapping out.



Running was really good this week.  I did two threes and an 8.5 because the snow made everything yucky in town and I am not a fan of falling.  I had tony come and pick me up so I didn't have to risk running on slick, slushy roads.  I LOVE running in the snow so timed my run so that we got the beginning of the snow storm.    

Have a great week y'all!  I am bummed to go back to a full week of work with no celebrating but here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment