Saturday, April 27, 2024

I'm in my Perimenopause era

Thank you Taylor for letting us define our eras.  I'm firmly in my perimenopause era and y'all it is kicking my ass so hard.  Here are a few of my symptoms thus far:

Periods that last for two weeks

no periods at all

extreme fatigue

HUNGRY ALL THE DAMN TIME

30+ lbs of weight gain though I have changed nothing in my diet

hot flashes

low motivation

extreme anxiety

extreme mood swings

no heat tolerance

can't go to sleep

can't stay asleep

night sweats

loosing my already thin hair

pimples


Good things:

My give a shit is mostly broken.  I no longer care what people think.  Don't like what I do or how I do it?  Go ahead, be my guest.  

My anxiety for the most part is allowing me to be a kick ass scientist.

I can use my hot flashes as an excuse to run the lab fan on my full speed and it feels so good.


Let me know your bad and good and how you navigated.  


Thank you body for all that you have done for me.  We will make it through this but geez, let's make this ERA short and sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment