Sunday, April 14, 2024

Listen to your body


Two workouts, two runs and calling it good.  It was a long week full of stress, experiments, long hours, and mean people (see below).  When I woke up on my only day fully off for the week, running a long run was the last thing on my mind.  While I knew the next weekend would also be busy, I just had zero motivation to run.  I know lack of motivation is part of menopause but weekends make me love the long run and there was zero love.  My running partner reminded me that I wasn't training for anything and to listen to my body.  SO I did.  We went to the tulip festival, walked around, and did some day drinking.  I don't regret it one bit.  



I'm going to lay it down here because if I put this anywhere else, I would probably get into trouble.  People suck.  Well, let me clarify, some people suck.  I volunteer and work my ass off for an organization that my son is a part of.  This very organization (specific people) has caused me to have to do therapy again and heck, for that I am thankful but seriously, why are people so nasty that it has to be this way.  Anyway, we had our first race of the season and while we had some set backs, some if which were pretty time consuming, the day ended well with most people happy.  A handful were not and were pretty hateful and for that I say shame on you.  To those who question us respectfully and maturely, thank you.  To those who bitched, moaned, caused trouble, were disrespectful to volunteers SHAME ON YOU.  You had people who volunteer a significant amount of their time to this organization in tears  Over what?  Do you feel better?  Yes, mistakes were made, but we are all human correct?  Let me see how you live a perfect life and then maybe, just maybe I might understand your horrible behavior.  I see this year after year after year and I just want to run to the hills and never come back.  Yet here I am, taking the abuse and saying thank you, may I have more.  Why?  I don't know how people like that sleep at night, knowing that they have been so hateful to others.  Heck, today most of us today in the tower never had lunch, never got a break, nothing.  We worked straight through intermission, so while you had breakfast, lunch, and dinner, sat at your trailer partying and never lifted a finger to help, we were working our asses off.  Do i expect a thanks, NO but I do expect respect and tolerance.  That is the least people who NEVER FREAKING VOLUNTEER EVER can give us.    Okay off of my soap box now. 


Deep breath.  Okay onto race day.  Tony has had zero time to work on the cars.  He has been working 12 plus hour days and he was trying to sneak a little in here and there.  The Honda car just needed some weight added and some small adjustments to account for that extra weight.  The animal car was getting it's engine yanked and a new 160 engine put into so that he could run heavy 160 and heavy Honda.  Tony got the 120 together and they practiced and all was well.  That just left the 160.  Tony decided to pull and all nighter and get it together.  He got zero sleep, got to the track right before the heat races, and realized while it was being teched that ................ it had the wrong engine in it.  Sigh.  Oh well, he tried.  We plan on getting that engine in and practicing before the two day next weekend.   He raced his butt off with his buddy Madden, a kiddo that races on the national circuit.  The fact that he stayed right behind him, ran good lines, and tried to pass several times is a huge step forward.  He ran almost as fast if not faster than his senior honda car last year with more weight.  I'm starting to get a little excited for this season, not going to lie.  


There you have it!  Have a great week y'all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment