Tuesday, June 18, 2024

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!


I've felt all of the emotions this week.  SO much happiness and so much sadness.  Let's talk about the happiness first, right?  My baby turned 12 this week on 6/12/24.  How cool is that?  So many numbers divisible by each other.   All is right with the world!



I only got one work out and three short runs.   After no sleep due to Andrew's b day shenanigans, I had to rest and recoup and miss my work out night, and that is okay.   Not training for anything, plus a true hatred for summer running = missing a run is totally fine.  I am pining for the cold and the wind chills big time right now.    



Ollipop continued to have a great week minus chewing my computer cord in half and my cell phone charging cord.  She went to the vet to complete her puppy shots and got a clean bill of health other than Grade A naughtiness.

  


She also had a puppy play date while we were in KC with her new besties Kitty and Ebby.  I appreciate my BRF so much for taking care of her, so I didn't have to board her right after getting her.  She knew that would stress me out too much and I just wouldn't go with the boys and she stepped up big for me.  I owe you Rockin Robin!



Andrew's b day was a big success, and he proclaims it was the best year ever.  



We did cake early since we would be gone the day of.  He actually had two cakes, as his original cake was not going to be done in time, so Tony had to scramble and find something else quickly.  I loved both and think Tony did an amazing job.



I think both turned out great!  The day of we headed to Rally house to get Royal's shirts and then headed to KC where we had 0 trouble parking and finding our amazing seats.



I am so glad I splurged and got them!  He was on the jumbotron twice, once for a random reason, and once for the Birthday cam. 

 


We ended the night by walking around the kid's area, which was freaking amazing, and then getting out again, very easily and home.  While the score was horrible, just seeing Salvy, Aaron Judge, and Bobby Witt Jr made it all worth it.  



Of course I had a dental appointment the next day at 7 am which meant only 4 hours of sleep, but again totally worth it.  



Now can I get a little sad right now?  Youth sports is tough.  I was talking to a coworker the other day and she was relaying stories about T ball.  TBALL!  They are 5-6 and already having issues with parents, and I totally get it because to some degree, we saw it too.  What is this trend in youth sports?  I don't remember it being that bad when I was a kid.  Volunteer coaches, officials, umps, anything volunteer is being treated like CRAP!  I've talked about this before and I will talk about it again.  I have given almost 6 years to an organization and while I expect 0 thank yous, I do expect common decency, and I'm not seeing it.  AND it's turning people so bitter and horrible that they are turning around and being the exact same way to the people that are still in it, which makes me so super sad.  We have to do better, or we will have 0 volunteers left and no youth sports.  We won't have officials and umps and anyone left to let these kids do what they love to do.  I don't know how to help people see this unless they too become a volunteer and witness the abuses both verbally and mentally.  Again, I never mind someone having emotions and then coming later and saying they are sorry.  These are our kids and I get that there is a lot of passion in the amount of time we put into youth sports, gear, and all that goes with it.  Still, we are all humans, we all make mistakes, and even if we were paid, we still would make mistakes.  I've turned the other cheek so many times in the last few years that I don't know how I have any cheek left.  SO next time you want to yell at someone giving their entire day so that your kid gets to play or race think about it.  Next time you accuse someone of doing something to hurt the kids, these someones, who I might add work a full-time job and then comes home and spends hours working for a club for 0 dollars, think about it. I haven't gotten to strap my kid in his car in 6 years.  No good luck hugs or kisses in 6 years.  Barely got to hug him and take a pic before hustling back to the tower the one and only time he has won.  Yet, I show up every week with a smile on my face ready to work BECAUSE ITS FOR THE KIDS.  Just think about it.  Think it through before you make a nasty post or start a horrible rumor about someone who literally is about to lose their job because they spend more time working on a volunteer position than their paying job.  Please.  Think it through because your words make me not sleep, not eat, not want to show up every week.  Not everyone has a super thick skin and even if they do, they can die a death by a thousand cuts.  



With that said, have a great week y'all!  Not looking forward to this next week with a club meeting and a two-day race, one being a night race, but we shall make it through.  




No comments:

Post a Comment