Thursday, December 19, 2019

2019 A year in Running Pictures

I always love doing these posts because it reminds me of all of the FUN I had in the previous year!  I give you 2019 running in pictures.  I will try to stick to 2 or 3 a month :)

January:  Started training for the Rockin K trail marathon.  We had a mix of ice, snow, and nice as usual.  We also had our first Canicross meet up and I spent a ton of time on the mill.





February:  February brought a quick trip to TN to celebrate the life of my dear Aunt Babs.  It also brought lots of snow/ice and some running at my mom's indoor gym track.


March: March brought milder weather and spring break in Tennessee.  Lots of pavement running for us but some new to us trails and some new to us friends!



April:  Our second marathon together, the Rockin K.  What an adventure this race was.  Ruts, sand, dirt, beaver dams, water crossings, and dead animals all completed our first attempt at Rockin K.  


May:  May brought spring pacing duties.  Paced the 2:30 group for the Bill Snyder race and the  2:45 group for Running With the Cows.  




June:  Summer running brings fall PRs in distance or speed!  I really think changing to 4 minute run:1 minute walk really helped me get through this hot and humid summer! My 24 week training cycle began for my first 50 miler!



 July:  Summer running, had me a blast. Plus, the Snake 10 miler added a canine division that started earlier in the morning to help the doggos stay cooler and safer!




August:  Heat, humidity, storms, yeah Kansas summers!  


 September:  The HAWK!


October:  October brought pacing duties and taper time!






November:  Race time!  A new to us relay race at the Little Apple Marathon and my first 50!




December:  Recovery time and base building for my next 50!



What a great year!  Much less races per se, but pumped up the volume and hopefully will be hitting a at least if not more than 1500 miles this year. Can't wait to see what awesomeness 2020 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment