Sunday, December 29, 2019

Cutback Week 4: Training for the Flint Hill's 50

Christmas week is here!  So excited for one of my favorite holidays of the year. I  always get really caught up in the excitement of having a kiddo that still loves Santa and his little elf Peanut.  Holidays are so different now with a kiddo and the magic that comes with seeing it through the eyes of a child, and I feel so blessed.  Yes, still a bit stressed right now with life fun, but trying to understand I can't control everything and trying to be like Elsa and Let it GO!  Glad family is here to lean on this week as well.

post wrestling date
Monday:  Rest day.  Thank goodness my MIL took Andrew over for me so I could get work done at the shop sans kiddo.  We also had wrestling practice early in the week and Andrew had a really really good practice.  It's so nice to see him hustling, working hard, learning, and putting into practice what he is learning.
it was hot!
Tuesday:  Christmas eve.  5 mile run  with Rockin Robin, Ebby, and boom boom.  Ran in short sleeves and shorts.   So nice to have a run that felt great from start to finish.  Finally getting better sleep thanks to some stress management techniques and I can tell during my run.

TARGET!
Also spent most of the day with the hubby doing some errands and it was nice to have some alone time.  Oddly enough, when we were out getting some last minute gifts, the stores were not bad at all.  My mother in law cooked an amazing dinner for Christmas eve and we celebrated by watching The Mandelorian and playing Apples to Apples Jr.


Wednesday:  Christmas day.  I always feel like I haven't gotten my kiddo enough for Christmas and I always panic and add more.  This year I did still add a tiny bit (underwear and stocking stuffers), but overall Christmas was a little smaller than usual.  He got a lot more useful toys that we can all play with including art supplies, board games, and some books we can all read together.

lots and lots of lego sets this year
I felt so much better about the whole experience this year and I feel like he was pretty happy with everything he had received.  Of course he tried to put together many of the Lego sets he got immediately, and we had to limit him as he got very tired trying to do too much.  We also had a different type of Christmas dinner of steak, green beans and homemade rolls.  I kind of enjoyed the mixture of the two different kinds of food this year.


Thursday:  5 mile run.  Another good run.  I felt like I was flying for some reason and I guess my pace was a bit faster than normal.  Stella was in a very pully mood and I just let her and we went. My tummy and bladder were a bit off, so lots of stopping to go into the ditches, but over all a good run.  Of course I didn't have my Kula cloth to try out, but I will have it on my long run this weekend.


Friday: Rest day.  Stella chiro day. I love Dr. A and love the fact that she comes to me so that Stella is in an environment that she is most comfortable.  Stella defiantly had some ouchy spots this time and both of her hips were really locked up including her SI joint again on her right side.  We discussed maybe starting Stella on some sort of strength training to help her to stop compensating.  Her right TFL was also tight (sounds familiar) so she showed me some stretching exercises to do with her when we are just sitting around.  I am currently looking for a canine fitness class to get her enrolled in.

The space lego set.  This is just a tiny part of it but super cool!
Saturday: shorter long run day.   Woke up to storms on the way.  Decided to try and beat them but by the time I dropped andrew off at uncle cayce's house for babysitting, the bottom fell out.  I decided to just get on the mill, pop on some Great British Baking show, and get the shorter of the two runs done.  I will confess I got off several times for potty breaks but other than that it was a pretty uneventful run.

Found this when putting up ornaments.  Apparently our advent calendar needed a mario star!

Sunday:  long long run day.  Since it's a cut back week, the long run was only 10 miles, but my angry hammy and I will take it.  Apparently running on the treadmill angers it as it has been super quiet, so i woke up a little sore, but nothing horrible.  I was blessed to get to meet up with not only rocking robin but Melly, and we got 10 done very quickly.  My hammy only complained a little at the very end.  I didn't get any pictures because it was super cold and windy and I knew it would kill my phone, but my heart was so happy to run with both of my BRFS.  Stella ran back and forth many, many times and did not have any hoppy skippy.  She was definitely full of herself.

With my long run on Sunday, I put myself over 1600 miles for the year!  I should have at least one more run before new year hits, but wow!  I am so blessed and happy that my body took me that far in 2019 and can't wait to see how far we can go in 2020!!!!!  Have a safe and wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment