Sunday, December 1, 2019

Recovery week 3 or the start of the in between and a little bit of runfessions

Happy Thanksgiving week!!!!  I think no one in this world is sad about having a 4 day weekend (even though we will probably do some work Friday, just not all day).  Enjoy some random pictures, some runfessions, and some details about my third week of recovery/first week of the in between. 

Yahtzee!!!!!
First I had a massage to get all of the tightness out.  I needed one sooner, but word is out that my massage therapist is the bomb.com and I couldn't get in till this week.  I haven't had any major issues post race, unless you count my black toe nail.  Lots of things felt tight and maybe a little off but nothing was majorly sore.  I was happy that even though she went over everything with a fine tooth comb, nothing was too angry with me, and for once I didn't even have to have any cupping!  Again, she said I felt very balanced and again this makes me very happy.

Stella selfie!  Not sure why she sat there and posed for so long!
Running was just eh.  I had planned to run with the girls that stayed for our impromptu Girls on the Run practice Monday (didn't have one on the schedule just wanted to stay for girls that wanted to run), and I to stay at the shop instead due to a work emergency calling my hubby out.  Then had a run planned for Tuesday morning, and instead slept in and then was super busy at the shop all day and couldn't leave. Finally got out on the road Wednesday night post some more work stress and I was slow, but my body felt much better overall.   I didn't turkey trot this year due to predicted bad weather (we got ice pellets and a tiny bit of snow), but I did get out Friday morning for #optoutside for a quick muddy 5 miler with Boom.  I honestly think this is the first run I have had in a LONG time where I felt mostly normal.


I decided to run again on Saturday and Andrew decided to come along on his scooter.  Stella did NOT like it when he passed and pretty much pulled like a sled dog with rabies any time he got ahead of us so the run was NOT fun. 

love the Christmas lights in our little town

We had another two day a week practice weeks.  Andrew was SO excited to wrestle this year and I runfess that I had high hopes he would move up to the next level or level 2.  He has been wrestling for going on four years now, started when he was four, but honestly the first two years I feel like didn't really amount to much learning.  Last year the light bulb went off and he really started being able to sort of execute moves and listen to the coach.  As with racing, he was always a very cautious wrestler, always letting the other person make the first move.  Anyway, I have to as always reel in my expectations of where he should be and focus on where he is.  He is and probably will be in level 1 another year.  I runfess I have made peace with that because it won't hurt him to have another year of the basic moves.  I am on the fence about how many meets to take him to.  We have several right here with minimum traveling involved, and while it won't hurt anything to enter him and let him wrestle, I really need to think about how much to bash in his confidence with losses.  Let me explain that statement, no I am not being a negative nancy.   He moved up to 8 and under this year and with his size could potentially be wrestling some pretty tough 9 year olds (due to the age cut off there could be 9 year olds in the 8 and under division, it happens).  There is always the potential as well that he will meet kiddos that have just started wrestling that would be more on his skill level, but doubtful.    Stay tuned for more :)

first run in my new salomon vest.  LOVE IT!
I am going to close with another runfession.  I runfess that even though I had a plan already in place, I was super nervous about executing yet another training cycle minus a coach.  I have a blogger i regularly follow whose 50 mile plan I used for my first 50 miler, Heather Hart at Relentlessly Forward Progress.  She had posted she was taking clients, so I reached out, and while I probably shouldn't be spending extra money right now, I signed up to be a client. I am SUPER excited to be coached by someone who does ultras on the regular and understands my goals.  She is the mother of two boys so she understands how busy life can be with active kiddos in the house.  I am SO excited to see what she cooks up for me.  I have been SO blessed to have so many amazing coaches in my life that have ALL helped me achieve some major goals.  I still am keeping the 100K in my mind for fall, just need to find that race that fits.  I have a couple on my radar, just need to make decisions.


Hope your Turkey day was wonderful, stress free, and yummy!  I should have a plan in place by next week as far as what training is going to look like and i am super excited.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of referring people to my massage therapist too and now it is harder to get in w her as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want her to have amazing business and be booked all the time but just not booked enough that i can't get In LOL!

      Delete