Sunday, December 22, 2019

Base Building week 3

Ended last week on snow and began this week on snow.  9 inches fell according to our unofficial measuring on the back deck.  That is A LOT more than we usually get, so it was quite the show stopper.  The biggest problem we have is that they come in and blade the roads down to the very smallest amount of snow and then that melts and refreezes and becomes ice, and I refuse to even attempt running on ice on pavement even with Yaktraxs or screwed shoes!

SNOW DAY!
Monday:  Snow day!  School canceled due to the fact that there was another snow storm suppose to hit Monday morning.  We never got any more snow, but I appreciate the caution that the school system showed.  I would rather them make the decision early and then it be wrong than to wait and be wrong.   We spent the day cleaning, working on math homework, and reading (plus me working for Coleman Electric on the computer).


Tuesday:  7 miles easy.  Still running no walking.  Yes, it's going better than I thought it would, but it is still tough mentally.   I haven't been getting up in the morning due to not being able to get good rest during the night (thanks life stress), so I had to squeeze it in post picking Andrew up from school.  Well, having to hop off of the mill several times to answer phone calls, answer the call of nature, and break up a dog scuffle ate up my time and I only got 6 done before I had to get Andrew ready to go for practice.  I am not going to feel guilty because it is what it is.  I did not get my strength training done as advertised, BUT I will get it done this week some how.

trying to plank with a dog laying on your legs 

Wednesday:  Speed work.  Same as last week.  Seems we have a lot of repeating of work outs, but in some ways it's comforting to know exactly how it is and how it will go.  Warm up for 5 minutes, hop off and do some warm up drills, three 1 mile repeats at 9:30-9:45, and then cool down till 4 minutes.  Watched the Great British Baking show to distract me from the pain that is running fast for me.  Watch was WAAAAYYYY off and i just had to tell my OCD self that I was running the correct speed and just not to fret about it.


Thursday: 7 miles easy.  I decided since my hubby could babysit and take my kiddo to wrestling practice that I could try and run outside.  We are still in the middle of melt and refreeze, so I knew if I could make it to gravel I would be fine.  We dealt with mush, ice, snow, and totally dry road, and  I felt horrible.  Still having bad sleep so I knew it would be a crap shoot, but I was sore ALL over and just couldn't get a good pace.  My normal easy felt super hard and that told me a lot.  If I can't get my sleep/stress under control I am going to have to re think training and running another goal race right now.


Friday:  Rest day. Mentally and physically I needed it. I feel like I am not starting this training cycle out right even thought I am doing all of the right things.  Not getting sleep isn't helping, but that probably won't change any time soon.  The best part about Friday though was that some invoices that were over 30 days were finally paid up at the shop AND my massage therapist Trina messaged me and said she could get me in Saturday to work on my recalcitrant hammy.


Saturday:  Massage day and rest day number 2.  We have two electricians taking 2 week holidays which makes us super short at one of our industrial clients, but the work must go on and all available hands must be on deck.  That means I either have to dreadmill it, or skip completely, or find a baby sitter.  My massage was scheduled post Andrew's wrestling hair cut, as his hair was SUPER long and would be cut by a ref if we tried to wrestle with it, and yes they can and will do that.  Hit trina's table with lots of complaints and had a very, very painful deep tissue, salt stone, and CBD massage. Post massage I felt it more important to rest versus grinding out something.  Plus, my in laws arrived from Tennessee, and I always enjoy catching up with the on the goings on of the Coleman side of our family. 


Sunday:  Long runish?  Coach and I agreed that whatever felt good was what I needed. I have filled her in on the whole stress not sleeping issue and she is totally understanding.  I set out with the mindset of doing 18, but it was clear at mile 10 that my body was not keen on that.  I went back out and tried to do a few more miles, but i ran out of water as I was only carrying one bottle. I had overdressed and the temps went from low 30s quickly to mid 50s as the sun came up and the fog burned off.  Luckily, I always layer up so I can quickly shed layers, but I think I waited a little too long and got a little overheated and ran out of water.  I managed to get 14 in and and that is good enough.


Post running we hung out with family and celebrated our 14 year wedding anniversary.  I LOVED this dress and all of the details and the fact I got it on clearance for 150 bucks.  We went to courthouse to get married 14 years ago today and I can't have gotten any luckier with nicest most gentle man and best dog and human father on the planet!  Happy anniversary Tony!


Not the greatest of weeks training wise, but I hope maybe the massage plus the cutback week will help the hammy and the family surrounding us will help with the stress.  By the time I post the next update we will be past Christmas so Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful friends out there!  Much love and peace from Kansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment