Thursday, March 29, 2018

March Runfessions

Another round of runfessions is ready for you to read!  As always, my mind wanders all over the place when it comes to these, but here is what is in my crazy head that needs to come OUT!  Grab your favorite springtime beer and settle in!
okay random pic but a dog and beer in your logo???  You had me at dog! And then beer.  And DOG!

Update on Andrew's tutoring:

I think things are progressing well.  We have had our latest round of Parent Teacher conferences and again, mostly 3s (3 being the highest) with a few 2s thrown in.  The only part that is confusing me is the fact that he won't participate in Science or Social Studies, as I know he has science on lock down.  Just the other day, we were driving somewhere and he loudly proclaimed, "Hey Mom, you know gravity is the reason we walk on earth right?"  WHAT?  So you are learning and taking it in, even though your teacher says you are very distracted during science and social studies.  Maybe this is classical boredom?  Who knows.  I do know that his writing is improving amazingly and he actually seeks out books to read to us.  He still struggles what I consider appropriately, but I am happy with where he is at.  In fact, according to his report card, he only has to be at a reading level of A and he is at a level of B.  We have signed up for 70 hours at Sylvan, so I think he will be more than ready for 1st grade next year!  YIPEEEE!!!!!  I think the biggest change we have noted has been confidence.  He will actually pick up books and attempt to sound out words where before he wouldn't even attempt if he perceived it to be too hard.  He also is constantly sounding out sign names and logos and trying to figure out what tags say at the grocery store.  Apparently now he is flourishing at math as well.  Go figure!!!


Coaching:
even though this is soccer and I am NOT coaching soccer this year, this cracked me up!
I guess I am throwing my hat into coaching T Ball, track and field, as well as wrestling.  While part of me would like to just sit back and enjoy my kiddo playing sports, I totally understand that without parent volunteers,  our kids would not be able to play these sports.  I do enjoy coaching and while coaching wrestling scares the hell out of me because I still feel like I know nothing, I will do whatever it takes for my kiddo to stay on task and have a good experience.  My only concern you ask???  Well, little man is getting very use to me being on the field as a coach and I think that comfort at some point needs to change.  He needs to be able to be out on the field without me and be confident that it is okay. Not such a problem in wrestling thus far, but could change once I start having mat time too?  I guess we shall find out! 


Carnicross:
https://www.facebook.com/canicrossusa/


Okay part of me really wants to start a chapter of this dog sport in our area and try to get at least ONE race on the ground.  The problem?  See the above on coaching.  Right now I am coaching two nights a week with a third night coming up with T ball season starting soon, and we have two nights a week at Sylvan.  Plus I still work two jobs and am the head of the committee for the 5K andrew's school puts on for 2018.  Should I take on more or let someone else take the proverbial reins on this one????  We have three dog themed races in our immediate area (Topeka and Manhattan) and we have the Trail Nerds races that allow dogs so is that good enough?  I need to get input from the dog people in our area.  I also need to see how well the MO carnicross event goes.

There you have it, what is on my brain this month!  Stay tuned for how coaching, school, and canicross all turn out in the future!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment