Friday, June 29, 2018

June runfessions

Welcome to my June runfessions. I have found a new beer I really, really like Passion Fruit Belgian style White ale. I never thought i would like that combo and bought it on a whim and I LOVE it!  Grab one of your favorites and crack it open because this runfession post is going to go down as easy as a wonderful summer beer.


Crazy summer.  Working two jobs, both pretty much full time, plus driving andrew to and from his summer activity is running me ragged.  I honestly don't know how I haven't gotten sick.  Of course our small business owns us and I can work with the small business at any time, but I need to be aware that I do need some down time and some weekend time.  I love being a part of our company though, and I LOVE watching it grow!


Andrew and T ball.  Wow.  He really has proven me wrong in so many ways.  He hasn't complained about the heat.  He has hustled.  He has wanted to play multiple positions.  He has made plays.  He has gotten some hits off of pitches.    He is actually thinking through how to swing and how to position himself to be successful without much prompting now.  Again, I think it is pure confidence and as he has more batting time (we bought a back stop this year) I think he will gain that confidence he needs. I am just so very proud of him to trying something new, and not having a complete and total melt down yet (knock on a huge piece of wood because we have one more game).


Well, we are cat owners now. I  love cats and I love having them, but I am allergic.  I have lived with a constant head ache since we have rescued him, but it is worth it.  Right now he is going back and forth from being shop kitty to the house with supervision till we can work with the dogs and get them to not be so freaking high intensity with him.  Eventually I would like for him to be 100% at the house but I just can't trust the dogs and I hate having to keep him cooped up in the bedroom.  I take him to work as much as I can and that gives him a break from the dogs and andrew some time to play with him without having to worry about the dogs.


He cracks me up sitting on our heads, licking us constantly, and curling up around our necks to naps.  He LOVES Tony and is getting more and more use to Andrew.  I really feel like he thinks he is one of the dogs even though he is pretty mean to them.  


Well that is about all for June!  Ball is winding down, summer is really starting in earnest and we are already wishing for fall and the cooler temps :) . 


No comments:

Post a Comment