Sunday, June 24, 2018

Week 3 Training to pace the Hawk 100

Week three of my shortened training plan in full affect!  I don't know if it is voodoo or what but I have been wearing my oofos sandals as much as possible and my foot feels MUCH better.  I hope this trend continues as we start ramping up to more mileage.  Get ready for some Sparky pictures because he is so DARN cute!


Monday:  Rest day.  Once again run back and forth day.  I did get through most of my PT exercises throughout the day, which is good.


Tuesday:  Easy 4.  I am trying to ease into this heat and humidity, but I am looking forward to it breaking a little this week.  It's never a good sign when the dew point is at 70 when you are headed out and the sun isn't even up.  I had my Nathan handheld filled with ice water and one part of our running group to go with.  I decided again, even though the sun wasn't up, that it probably would not be a good idea to take the dogs.  We took walk breaks every mile because I don't want to screw up in this heat.  I am not acclimated and while I am getting better, I still need some time before I can continue running in this heat and not get sick or pass out.  I don't want my running partner to have to drag my butt back or call my hubby that early in the morning to come and get me.   Later on I did a 20 minute barre video at the shop.  It felt SO good, and I was like a wet noodle afterwards.  I just have to remind myself that 20 minutes can be fit in anywhere and that it hurts so good!


Wednesday:  Unintentional rest day.  I am starting to feel very worn down from running back and forth plus working late nights at the shop.  I wanted to get in the bed early and just get some good rest, but we put in yet another later night. I am excited though to be a bigger part of my hubby's business now at Coleman Electric, and I know things will calm down once we get a system going, he gets a few more guys working, and he can put in more time in the shop to train me on more skills.


Thursday:  Was suppose to meet the girls for an easy 4, but due to not getting into bed till late and not sleeping very well at all due to kitten awake on my face at various times and just overall not resting well, I decided to sleep in and run later.  I missed getting to see everyone but I needed the rest for sure.  It was a beautiful cool day, kind of odd for the first day of summer, but I will take it!  I just hope this weather hangs around for T ball this weekend!  The dogs were pretty excited to be back out running.

Friday: Cross and Strength.  It was a super slow day at Coleman Electric and I took advantage of it by getting my barre on and my bike ride done during working hours.  I also caught up on Westworld and finally got to that penultimate episode that now I just want to binge watch to the end. Of course in watching Westworld, I saw commercials for three other shows I also want to watch.  Sigh.   How do people get all of these shows watched?  I did a 20 minute work out called Smooth and Sharp and it kicked my butt, and it also tweaked something in my hip and made me super sore all night.  WHY!!!!  I have been doing my PT religiously, so why is this still happening????  Please don't tell me that I am going to have to get rid of barre!!!!


Saturday:  Double header T ball game and 5 miles. Once again, these kids amaze me.  We played 2 innings for both games, and while the weather was much nicer than last weekend, still 4 innings in a row is a lot for them.  I love the fact that all the coaches for the other teams thus far have been VERY laid back and have done things like call the game early so we could rest or just let us hit off the T so we could get one more inning of hitting.  I don't know what I was exactly expecting, but this has exceeded what I expected.  Maybe the nasty coaches and parents are higher up????  I have been so lucky to have the BEST parents of all on our team.  After the game, the weather was so nice that I decided to head out and get my "long run" of 5 miles done. 

Got some new Gypsy runner clothes that put a smile on my face!

My hip was still bothering me, but not during my run, so I call that a win.  After running and cleaning up we headed to the shop and knocked out some paperwork we needed to get done together while little man watched a movie.  I really like the fact that we are getting things caught up and I am learning more and feel more in the know.



Sunday: 3 easy.   Let's back up to Saturday night shall we? Andrew and I had just settled down to go to sleep and were nodding off to lala land when we both heard what sounded like forceful vomit coming from somewhere.  I ran out of the room and immediately into a huge pile of diarrhea and a very sick looking stella.  Back up even more, when we got home from working at the shop Saturday night, the new box of cliff bars was shredded on the couch and two guilty looking dogs were sitting there.  They got at least 5 bars divided up between each other, but I feel like Stella got the lion's share.  Okay now back to the massive pile of diarrhea.  I cleaned it up (it was on unfinished pine floor so you get the gist of how much fun that is) took stella out and washed her britches hair, and settled back in for what was probably going to be a long night. Boy was I right.  Andrew woke up not too much longer after crying about his tummy and before I could get him to the bathroom, he puked all over the bed and then all over the bathroom floor.  I couldn't clean because he couldn't stop and it was coming out both ends :( . Woke tony up to come and help(he had mercifully fallen asleep downstairs), so I could strip the bed and clean the bathroom.  Got Andrew settled and finally got settled downstairs on the couches and then the dog farting started in earnest.  It was LOUD and STINKY and I couldn't sleep thinking one of them would be sick at any time.  Fully woke up again at 5 am to andrew having an accident in his pjs so we had to strip, clean, sit on the toilet for a while x 2 and then back to bed.  This morning Andrew is in good spirits but sticking close to the toilet, and I don't blame him.  We had to cancel all the day's activities including swim lessons and music lessons so as not to infect anyone else.  Okay back to the present.   I had the choice of 3 easy or cross on my bike and I chose cross on my bike.  I really needed 1 hour to clear my head and I really wanted to be on the my bike versus my feet as my hip felt better and I didn't want to push it. 


I am excited for the upcoming week because andrew goes to camp in Wamego, and I may not have to go back and forth quite so much.  While I miss my co workers at KSU and my amazing boss, I would like a little bit less back and forth.  I should be back down to running just one machine instead of both and should be back to a little slower pace since the one set of samples should be going off to assembly.  I am looking forward to some speed work back in my diet of training and some more pain free miles!  Have a great weekend and upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment