Monday, September 10, 2018

Hawk 100 week!!!! It's game time!

Oh boy, I am nervous as hell so I can't even imagine with Lindsey is going through this week.  I have faith that we will all get through this but super nervous since I just don't know what to expect.  We have a great team and we will function as a well oiled machine together.  I am not sure how much running I will get done this week and I think that is okay.   I am hoping a light week with regards to running might help my body heal, so I can successfully run the Flatrock 25K with my stella ella.

my mom got him this housecoat.  I think he looks like cousin eddie!
Monday:  Labor day and day off. I got the cleaning bug so cleaned most of the day.  I had a very different massage monday morning including cupping (something I have always wanted to try, but honestly was scared to) by a lady that is local and is a teacher at the a beauty college in Manhattan.  We did some electrical work for her at her shop, so we were trading out a service for a service, and I am delighted to have someone local to add to my stable of massage and chiro. On another note, parts of Manhattan flooded early monday morning.  I use to live in these apartment buildings that were flooded out.

photo credits to the KMAN FB page
The water at one point was over those cars!  SO crazy! I lived on the third floor, so I would have been okay if it had ever flooded, but my truck wouldn't have been.  I send my prayers to those affected.  The rain is suppose to happen all week, so not sure how the city is going to handle yet more flooding. My beloved running store was also damaged by the rising waters, so hoping they can get dried out and keep the waters out before the next round.  

You know i had to get these!  Thanks to my doggy friend for alerting me!
Tuesday: 5 miles with 8 x 30 second fartleks.  I am still on the not getting up early bandwagon as Boom is settling in nicely, and I have two hours to kill anyway while andrew is getting his learn on, so over to a new place to run for me.  My normal tuesday route had horrible flooding and is pretty much unusable for quite a while.  I decided to run around Cico park for my 5 miles since even though it is all road and sidewalk, it's got some nice hills.  I had no clue how long the route was, but I knew it was over a mile at least, since we did it as part of a 5K once.   Even though it was super humid and sprinkled on me several times, I got it done with a smile on my face!  Afterwards, we had a meeting at Sylvan to see where Andrew was at and boy was I a mess!  I guess I should have thought ahead and brought a change of clothes or at least a shirt, but I didn't and between the sweat and the rain I kind of stunk up the place :)

Wednesday:  Crew meeting!  We will have one more crew meeting when they decide the route, since we all have been having substantial rainfall.  We are ready and all that is left is packing and then setting up race day.  Getting nervous and will be glad when it is go time. If I am this nervous, I can't even imagine what the runners might be feeling!


Thursday:  Another rest day.  Packing and lists and preparations, oh my!  I seriously feel like I am taking half of my house with me, but I don't want to have to leave the field at all for anything other than crew duties.  I want my mind 100 percent on my runner at all times!


Friday:  An easy 3 to get the legs happy for whatever may come.  I may or may not be pacing, so I need to be ready to go if she needs me.  If I don't run at all this weekend, so be it, my body probably would thank me.  If I do, my body can shut up and deal.  It looks like now the rain will possibly be just AM Saturday morning, and I am happy about that!  Plus highs in the lower 60s??? SHUT UP!  I will take the rain to get this lower temp!


Saturday:  CREWING!  Post to come!

Sunday:  CREWING! Post to come!  We learned SO much and I can't wait to do it again, well, once I get more sleep.  We had an amazing runner who had us very well prepared to handle whatever.  Plus, her pacer is a PRO and he gave us a lot of insight on how to be good crew and how to keep a runner moving, even when she doesn't want to.  Overall, HUGE success!  I am so excited my girl gets a big buckle for her birthday.  She is amazing and such an inspiration on what you can do if you set your mind to it.    

What a week! I know I saw that a lot but big week with big happenings!  My gal pal Lindsey met her goal and SMASHED it and I can't be more proud.  I have cried a few times because dang it, it is a very emotional thing and well, lack of sleep.  Our crew was solid and we had a good time even with the lack of sleep. Team #Itookthatlikeachamp will have to have some reunions for sure at future races.   I can safely say that a 100 is not in my head to do any time soon, but the 50 has crept back in every so slightly.  It's hard not to be at one of these races and not get inspired!

Have a great week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ❤️❤️ I surley couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you for coming along this journey with me and keeping a sound mind when I didn’t want to move - bring the cattle poker or rope next time 😂

    ReplyDelete