Sunday, September 2, 2018

Week 13-Training to crew the Hawk 100 and run the Flatrock 25K

Mr. Water dog
Our first week with Boom is in the books.  He is such a quirky little guy.  Hates snuggling, but likes to be sort of near.  Will put himself to bed.  Seems to be a huge thinker, but not scared of anything yet.  Caught on to the crate relatively quickly and now seems to enjoy it.  Still is pretty good about using his litter box, but will also go outside and potty and has had very few accidents (mainly my fault for not watching close enough).  Loves to chase toys but doesn't like to bring them back.  LOVES playing with Sparky and Stella.  Still can't get deuce to join in (deuce is now the resident grump).  LOVES to chew on furniture.  I just love him so much and couldn't have asked for a nicer pup.  He is integrating into our family so seamlessly and I love it!


Monday:  Rest day.  Run around like a crazy person day.  At KSU then back to Wamego then back to Manhattan.  If we could figure out a way to teleport from Manhattan to Wamego, that would be lovely.

Tuesday:  easy 6.  I tried something different today and it sort of worked, but sort of didn't work.  I am still trying to get Boom on a schedule, so I didn't want to get up at 4 am to run with the girls.  My idea was to get up at our normal 6 am when everyone gets up,  wear the puppy out quickly, and then head out to get at least an hours worth of running in.  I had hoped that I could get at least five and that andrew would be ready to go to school when I got home.  While the plan sort of worked, I felt very rushed afterwards (I had a dental appointment in Manhattan that didn't help matters) and I didn't like that.  I will usually on Tuesdays run post work while Andrew is at tutoring from now on, but this time we had back to school night at night, so I had to get my run in in the morning.  May try this again on Thursday and see if it works better.


Wednesday:  Cross training/strength.  Other than my PT I did, I did not get any other working out in.  Instead I worked both jobs, got home late, ate dinner and went to bed.  #sorrynotsorry


Thursday:  Easy 6.  Hubby left for TN to attend his mom's wedding, so I was stuck at home taking care of pups and kiddos.  I decided to run with my BRF who was off of work post dropping Andrew off at school.  That was the plan till we heard thunder.  She needed to get to Manhattan to do some errands, so I waited a bit and then headed out.  The storm seemed to be moving away and was east and south of us.  I didn't seem to struggle as much as the clouds were out and the humidity wasn't horrible.  I am so looking forward to fall/winter running when I can enjoy the low humidity and the cold wind.  I will take  wind chill any day over 100% humidity.

Friday: Rest day.  Hubby left for TN on Thursday, so didn't have anyone watching little man and honestly, Andrew and I  had a date post work anyway to go eat mexican and have ice cream.

Satuday:  easy 5 mile + soccer.  I had 0 motivation to run and the dreadmill didn't even sound appeasing at all.  I toyed with the idea of just taking a weekend off as my back/hip/butt and feet actually were feeling better. 

We had our very first soccer game with only 2 practices under our belt.  I am very pleasantly surprised because for the first time Andrew didn't 1) cry 2)beg to come out and 3)lay on the field.  He hustled, he tried, and he even scored a goal.  It got hot and they play 4 or 4 so he had a ton of playing time and of course the heat kind of got him at times.  We basically bribed him to play last year and he remembered those bribes, so after his goal, he came over to the sidelines and asked if that was good enough for a lego set LOL!  Any time the game has no tears, I call it a win!  I am excited to see how this season goes because I am not coaching, so I can actually watch and cheer!


Sunday:  Long run or 5.  I needed to do one or the other.  I had a baby sitter lined up for me to run in the morning, but I just didn't feel like running when I got up.  I felt like grocery shopping and getting stuff done, not running. Of course it was going to be feels like over 100, so not running firs thing outside was not an option.  I just told myself that if I didn't run this weekend, it probably was not a big deal.  We did our running around including brunch, a trip to varsity doughnuts for dessert, and grocery shopping, and then headed home.  Andrew wasn't feeling great, so I figured we would just hang out and play video games and sleep.  Well, the guilt got to me and I figured I would just hit the dreadmill and get what I could.  I needed 10 and I had a good TV show that I wanted to binge (just finished sharper objects and now watching The Deuce), so it wasn't all that bad for the hour and forty minutes I was on.  Unfortunately, when I was at mile 8, Andrew decided he had had enough of me being in the other room and on the mill and had a total melt down.  I talked him into walk running with me for another mile around our house and then called it good. 

I was short a mile on my Tuesday run, 1 mile on my long run, and 5 miles on my Saturday run, but I don't care.  My body knows how to do this, so even if I have short weeks, I should be fine for next weekend and my race.  Bring on my first Crew job and bring on some Hawk 100 trails!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment