Monday, July 17, 2023

Dog pics, yes please

First off, please enjoy some rando pictures of my dogs cause that is all I have right now.


Man, I think every week things will get better and you won't have to read about me freaking out about this or that, yet every week lately has been like, you thought last week was bad, here, HOLD MY BEER.  I am truly sorry if this blog has turned into a mental health diatribe but I am struggling and this is my outlet. I know my friends are sick and tired of me sniveling constantly.  My anxiety turns into me waking up every morning at 3:30 am with spinning thoughts and I have to get up and do talk therapy with my early bird friends to quiet them.  



Let's talk about the good.  My job is good. I am still getting lots of overtime and loving what I do.  My co workers are all battling their own mental demons, but I like the fact that we all have issues and we can come together and talk it out.  I have amazing friends who while are probably tired of me constantly leaning on them, do an amazing job of listening, offering up comments, and helping me to find solutions.  Porch beers and an ear are what I need right now and they are offering them up.  I would be exhausted if I were them LOL!  Of course my mom is always there for me and I am super blessed to still have her in my life even if she is many miles away.  



Running has been eh.   I was excited to start an experiment that had me going into the lab at 5 am for a 10 minute experiment and then coming home.  Perfect for getting my lazy butt out of bed with no excuses.  We do this experiment on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays so great.  First day was just what  I needed, went to the lab and worked and then had coffee, fueled, and was on the road an hour later.  Got to see the sunrise which was good for my soul.  Then, the schedule changed and we decided to start at 7 am instead.   Sigh.  Back to being a lazy sloth that gets any and all sleep my anxiety will give me lately.  We did have a night race Saturday night and that allowed me to be able to run Saturday morning.  I got two 3s and a 6 in and called it good.  I can't wait for fall running!!!!!




We ended the week with night racing.  Night racing isn't always our favorite because tempers seem to fly and crap hits the wall if you know what I mean.  While some crap did hit the wall and we had to have two emergency meetings about various actions of others, the racing was amazing and clean and that is all you can ask for.  Andrew drove his butt off, but we are still on the new not so great engine so not fast enough to be competitive.  He made some passes and tried really hard and I will take last place and trying your butt off versus just riding around in the back.   

Have a great week y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment