Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sorry so late

Did you say it was Thursday and I haven't even posted about last week?   Dang it, behind again!   We had a fun filled weekend full of adventures to end the year before football and racing take over and even got to meet our new nephew.  Let's focus on that with some pictures shall we?  I think I ran once or twice last week but the main theme was Andrew and fun, and thanks to a busy schedule and the heat, running just didn't fit.   



Here is our new nephew.  Andrew didn't want to hold him initially, but then he decided he had to.  He is precious and we are so proud of Tony's brother for growing his little family.  



Friday night we headed to Topeka to the big race track called Heartland Park to watch the NHRA drag races.  We had never been (can hear them from our track), so we were happily surprised to absolutely love it.  Watching cars and motorcycles go 300 mph down a track is so amazing and you can feel those cars in your soul.  Plus, we walked all over the track and grounds just checking it out and had fun with friends.

  


Saturday I worked at Coleman Electric for a bit and got caught up on paperwork and book keeping.  Yes I have said several times that I was done working two jobs, but Tony just doesn't have time and then it gets behind and it gets majorly fucked up.  I can't let our company fail due to paperwork and book keeping not being done right or done at all.  Yes I am not happy about it, and yes I have no clue how to make it right or work any other way, and yes I may lose all of my sanity.

  


Sunday we headed to KC for a trip to Union Station.  It's an old train station in Kansas city that has been renovated and that has Science City, a movie theater, and rotating exhibits.  My work friend had told me about the Spiderman exhibit and Andrew LOVES Spiderman, so we had to go.  I also booked a brewery tour at Boulevard Brewing Company that was just a few blocks away.  Equal opportunity for all of us to have fun!  Let's just say the Spiderman exhibit was the most amazing thing ever, we need a repeat trip to Science city as we only did maybe half of the exhibits, and the Boulevard tour was the highlight of the day.  



We had multiple stops on the tour and at every stop you got BEER!  We got to taste so many of their wonderful brews and I have some new favorites for sure.  I loved the the stories the tour guides told and would love to go back and do it again.  They had an amazing bar that anyone could come and get beer and delicious food at, along with a tour ending bar with some special brews,  and a test bar where you could sample the beers that they were tweaking and working on.  



Thus ends our amazing summer full of fun and adventures, but I am sure we still have a few up our sleeves:)  Now time for football and racing every.single.weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment