Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Mini vaca

 Short and sweet and to the point.  


I did no running last week thanks to 100+ degree days and traveling.  I do not feel guilty at all.  Yes, I do have a treadmill but I like running outside ONLY.  Since I am not officially training for anything I am letting it go like Elsa. 

 



I was very torn about taking our trip thanks to issues financially with the business, but I am so glad we did.  While it wasn't a cake walk and we struggled mightily on the track, I am still very glad we went as we had fun with new friends and Andrew had a blast.  Our goals were simple, try a new track and do the best you can, make racing moves, pass if you have a faster car, and have fun.  He did all of the things and battled with the cars we gave him.  



We also did some fun stuff like try a new brewery out, go to Mall of America, and stop at a local bakery/eatery on the way up.  At one point Andrew hugged me and said it was the best vacation he had ever had.  My only regret was we didn't let him swim the last night because we were exhausted.  His smile and his happiness are all I care about these days.   To see him that happy makes all of the stress worth it.  



Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment