Sunday, October 8, 2023

I did it FINALLY!

It's funny that I would run out of things to say or blog about about the time I had more than 3 people reading my blog.  I use to write a paragraph a day because it brings me so much joy to write, but here lately, I am just so tired that writing has fallen to the way side as well as my running for that matter.



This meme accurately describes my life.  While this is my most favorite time of the year, the pace of things just about kills me.   We have several weekends of football Friday night, junior raider football Saturday morning, activities Saturday afternoon/night (KSU football sometimes), and Sunday racing.  Stick a fork in me!  Plus, I am still trying to work one day a week ONLY at Coleman Electric, my hubby's business that I worked for for five years as he still hasn't gone back to doing my job, which was his job first. I would love to just work one job but hey, having an extra 10 hour a week paycheck isn't the worst thing ever.  Just keeping my energy up to do all.the.things. is the worst thing ever.  I tried to reframe and say I am super blessed to have not one, but two very well paying jobs right?




I did get three runs in this week including a longish run.  The weather shifted to more fall like temperatures and I couldn't be more happy.  I am such a cold weather running person, plus the dogs LOVE the cooler weather.  As football and racing wind down, I can feel myself coming back to life with regards to training for something.  With us not having a league championship to defend, I just might get my wish at a race.   Time will tell.  I do miss racing so much!



Football was a mess this weekend and since there is where I air my sadness, here goes.  I am very grateful to all of the volunteer coaches.  Some of them have really put a lot of time and effort into my very not athletic son and for that I am very happy and will always be in their debt for that.  They could have given up on him a long time ago and they haven't so there is that.  Here is my big but.   I have watched him have really crappy practices where it was obvious he wasn't trying or he was scared.  This week he has worked his ass off and had major improvement.  I was hoping since the kid he backs up on red defense (second string defense) was out for the week that he would get an increase in playing time.  This was not the case and I was mad and sad.  Instead a newer kid, a kid that started this year got put in his position and he and one other kid got stuck on 3rd string on the nights they worked plays.  So he is getting very little practice time which means when he does get in to play on game time, often times he is clueless or makes mistakes.  I am not going to argue that he has any ounce of athletic talent and that some if not all of these kids do , but he is working his ass off for nothing.   I am seeing it and he is starting to see it.   I don't know how much longer I can keep him showing up.  We were up 20 something to 8 and the starters were still in till almost the 4th quarter.  If he gets no in game reps, he will never get better.  He maybe got 3 snaps, had a bunch of kids trample him when he got pushed down, and didn't go back in.  I heard the coach ask if he wanted to go back in and he never answered but that would have been maybe 2 or 3 more snaps total before the end of the game.  I was super upset for him and probably said some things I shouldn't have in frustration to him and around him.  I know I shouldn't but I did and I regret it.  I am not a perfect mom and I should have just walked away, had a good cry, and then went on with my day but I reacted in frustration.  I know many wonder why we leave him in football while he still is so behind athletically but we all feel like it's in there and it will come out some day.  He actually now loves football, will watch it with us, and asks lots of questions now where in previous years he has not.  I really feel like when puberty hits, he will change and I could be totally wrong but I hope I am not.  


 
We also did have some fun this weekend with Oztoberfest.  Our little town is Oz crazy and this use to be a three day event.  Now it's down to a one day event but still special.  We had great food, bought awesome home made stuff, and listened to bands and watched performances.  Till next October Wamego!


Have a great week y'all!  I am heading to Wisconsin for a business meeting, we have the last home game for the high school football, and we have another game for the junior raiders.  Yes, we are football crazy here!


No comments:

Post a Comment