Tuesday, October 31, 2023

World upside down

After a week of Covid, I had no clue how I would feel for running and or working two jobs.  Fatigue has been a huge problem with me and Covid the last time I had it.  I needed to run for mental sanity as my stress levels were through the roof. I ended up getting a couple of short runs in but that was not enough for what was about to happen.  Let's just get to it shall we?



It's funny how everything is normal and then boom, life changes so quickly.  My hubby Tony has had headaches for months now.  He thought it was just the stress of owning a business.  The problem was, he would throw up, but yet not feel any better.  The pressure and the headache would just get worse.  We are very lucky that upon a routine eye exam, they saw something they wanted to monitor and upon his re check, decided they didn't like what they were seeing.  Upon his eye Dr's insistence, he headed to the ER to have some imaging done (FINALLY) and then was taken to Topeka to Stormont Vail to have immediate surgery.  They found a baseball sized tumor on the left side of his brain that appears to be sitting on the brain.  We will know more once they get in and remove it.  It appears to be benign but again we won't know anything till surgery.  They decided upon getting to the hospital that we needed to pump the brakes, so we have been waiting all week.  He is on massive doses of steroids and anti convulsant medications.  His blood sugar is out of control thanks to the steriods.  I am glad that he is here being monitored.  More to come, stay tuned.  



Andrew did have his last football game as a junior red raider.  Next year, middle school ball!  They raiders got a win and he got some playing time.  His friends have been so supportive and kept him so busy this week that I think we have kept him pretty distracted.  



We spent the rest of the weekend at the hospital.  Please keep your family in your thoughts and prayers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment