Monday, December 11, 2023

Week one of AMR Joy to the Run 2023 Edition


Every year I delightfully sign up for Another Mother Runner's Joy to the World and every year the minute it starts I regret it.  Sigh.  Yeah, about working out every single day.  Not happening with my new job.  YES, I could get up at 4 am and work out and then go to work but I need all the rest and recovery I can get.  Maybe some day I will get back to strength and yoga but today is not that day.  I did break it down day by day but honestly, I will quit doing that next blog.  I love lifting, I promise I do.  I love kettle bells and bars and plates.  I love a good strength work out but when it comes down to it, if i have time, I am running.  


Monday:  Should be Warm Fuzzies/30-40 minutes of some sort of movement.  For me it was a nah dog, I need rest.  I had already skipped the first day, last Friday, as I hate yoga and was quite frankly was just exhausted, and I had skipped the rest day as we had our 5K.  Never fear, I can move things around.  Maybe.


Tuesday:  Wake up and sleigh and One Wooly Mile.  Again, switched things around as I really wanted to do a run and got my Warm Fuzzy run done.  Boom says thanks for the run MOM!  Got 3 miles done.


Wednesday:  Basically fun speedwork.  Run easy to one song, moderate to another, hard to the next, and then back down the pyramid.  I always love this one.  Except i worked an 11 hour day and I was exhausted.  The last thing on my mind was running or working out, even yoga.  Got home, took the family to one of our local restaurants, and then went to bed.  



Thursday:  Strength training and one wooly mile.  ONLY worked 9 hours so had a little bit of energy to tackle the speedwork I missed the day before. I love the song intervals and got super lucky that I hit the longest song on the playlist on my "easy" interval.  Whew.  



Friday:  Christmas party for work.  Yeah, nothing happened this day.  Got fancy, had some drinkies, played black jack, and won a raffle prize.  The food and company was amazing and I truly feel like our company is one big family.  I have been so lucky in that most of my jobs have felt that way.  I love this team and I am excited to see what we can do in 2024.  



Saturday:
Long run day!  Today was fancy pants day and I had my gypsy runner pants ready to go.  I wanted to 10 miles and despite many talks with myself about quitting due to the crazy Kansas wind, I held strong and got my 10 miler done.  We also headed to another very cute small town in Kansas, Holton to be exact to celebrate Christmas with cute little Christmas parade, amazing pizza, and good beer at the local brewery.  Plus, spending time with some of my most favorite people in the world = priceless.


Sunday:  Try and catch any and all work outs I missed while also doing all of the house work and watching the chiefs play.  I did get a ton of hair chopped off by one of the football moms and got some great advice on how to navigate my thinning, fine hair.  If anyone else has advice, I am all ears.  I am now trying some new serum and shampoo and hoping that all three things combined will help.  I finally right before bed resigned myself to pick one of the strength work outs. I am SO very out of shape when it comes to any type of strength that I had to do push ups on an incline and plank rows on my knees.  Oh well, I have to start back somewhere right?  One of my co workers so wants to do a work out class in town and I am tempted as it's at 5:30 am and I am usually up.   Stay tuned.  


I am going to be very, very honest here.  This plan while fun and full of all kinds of cool strength exercises and yoga just isn't going to work for me this year.  We still have two more weeks of hell at work (their words, not mine) and with me working probably multiple 12 hour days next week, every ounce of rest and sleep are going to be needed to stay sane and upright.  My goal is to try and at least get one a week somehow but not to stress about it if I can't.  Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment