Monday, December 25, 2023

Week three of AMR Joy to the run or F it!


The wheels fell of this week completely.  I don't have a good excuse like illness or big experiments or anything.  I just had an off week and I chose activities that kept my nights and days busy and left little for running.   I think the totality of this year has just worn me out and I need some time to rest.  Here are some of the fun things we did this week!



We had our little lab Christmas party.   If you recall, we had our company wide Christmas party a few weeks ago but this was just us and our little lab group.  We did a secret Santa that was so much fun where we had to describe who we bought for and the group had to guess.   I also won Employee of the Year (it was a tie, but I had been there longer, sorry Kim) which was voted on by our peers.  That really meant a lot to me because we work our butt off in that lab and I try and be a leader and a helper as well as a mentor to the younger scientists.  I have really enjoyed my first year working back in a lab and can't wait to see what we can accomplish in 2024.  



Tony and I did celebrate in spirit only our 18th wedding anniversary.  I loved our wedding, simple and everything I wanted at the courthouse surrounded by our favorite people.  Don't ever think to be happy you need a big wedding.  This has been one of the craziest years of our married lives and I am so proud of my hubby for overcoming some huge health challenges this year.  



I also took half a day off on Friday and Andrew and I just had a fun day of wandering around Manhattan, shopping and enjoying our favorite things of the season.  Do you have those things that you love doing every holiday season?   I love peppermint chip shakes from Chick Fil A, seeing the big tree down at the Festival of Lights, and heading over to Manhattan Brewing Company for some holiday beers, hot chocolate, and decorations.    Right now, we are in this weird transition as Andrew grows up of holding on to old things but also letting go.  I suspected Andrew had given up his belief on Santa and my suspicion was founded when he admitted he knew the truth.  I will tell you that while I suspected, it was still a punch to the gut that the era of magic was ending.  They grow up so quickly don't they?


I did run this week, just low miles and no speedwork.  Three 3 milers is okay sometimes.  I have a full week off next week and should be able to get back to some more quality runs.  



Have a great week y'all and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment