Sunday, December 17, 2023

Week two of Joy to the Run AMR 2023 edition


What a crazy busy week!  I knew this week would be tough due to a HUGE experiment at work towards the end of the week and it did not disappoint.   Two twelve and a half hour days on my paycheck right before Christmas?  Yes please!  I have never really been able to buy the entire family and my friends good Christmas presents and this year I am going all out!  Let's look at the week shall we?


I got three runs in including the sweaty pits run in which was a pyramid run.  Easy warm up, run five minutes hard, rest one minute, four minutes hard, rest one minute till you got down to run hard one minute and easy one minute and cool down.  I think when I looked it was actually the light and bright ladder from last year, but still a lot of fun and a way to push myself to do a little bit of speedwork.  I also got an easy run in and a longish run.  I woke up Saturday not feeling 100 percent and while I wanted to do 11 miles, my body told me real quickly that 6 would be enough, thank you.  Stella ella even got to go with us since it was nice and cold and she loved it!  She may be 12 but she can still run and have a great time with us.  



As predicted no strength and yoga happened.  I needed all the rest I could get.  I'm too old for this shiz.  I feel like I am back in grad school but heh, OT is nice.  We have one more week of experiments and then we get a full week of nothing. I am so ready!    I am hoping Andrew and I can go do somethings together and enjoy the break we both need.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          


Mental check in:  Mostly good.  I hate seeing my hubby shoulder all the load for the business, but I had to let go.  I had to walk away and now I pretty much do sales tax and a little bit of scheduling software work and give the rest up.  Mentally I HAD to walk away.  He is slammed with work coming in, but no one is paying their bills, so not sure what is going to happen in the new year.  We are behind on paying several suppliers now because any of the money that does come in has to stay in the account to pay salaries and the bills that come out automatically.  We've never been behind on paying suppliers and it is killing both of us, but he more than me.  We feel like we are letting people down and at some point, they won't have grace anymore. I will admit I am scared for the future, but it is what it is and I can't hide.  We will figure it out one way or another. Pray that my anxiety stays on the low end so I can get through this mess that seems to happen once a year every single year.
                                                                                                                                            


Also this.  I love my friends.  I am so blessed to have some amazing mom friends who always say yes to my crazy ideas.  I saw an ad for a Christmas Party Bus in Manhattan.  Your ticket got you two hours of driving around and having 3 Christmas themed drinks with trivia and Christmas music.  



I put it out that I really wanted to have a mom outing and that I would love to do this with my football/wrestling mom tribe.  Three moms said heck yeah and we got tickets.  We had so much fun just letting lose, talking about life and our kids (they have boys the same age as Andrew and girls a year younger) and having some yummy food and shopping.  Find your tribe and surround yourself with awesome people.  If it weren't for my football family and my track family, I wouldn't have made it through some of the crap I have had to deal with this year.  


Have a great week y'all!  The Chiefs won, I only have one big experiment this week, and then we have Christmas and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment