Sunday, January 28, 2024

So very sad

 I am at  loss for words.  I lost someone very special to me this week very suddenly.  I was in disbelief when I heard, so much so that I texted him and waited to see he read the text.  I am broken, I cry every day and every night.  He was my protector, he always held space for me, and was the first to always go to what bar I wanted to go to to have a beer.  HE is the only reason I stayed on the board for another term, because I always knew he would be there to help me with rules or questions.  I am gutted.  I feel so very horrible for his family who have lost a dad, a granddad, and a husband.  He was one of the few who took time out of his busy schedule to visit Tony in the hospital when he was stuck waiting for his brain surgery.  He was one hell of a mechanic and always had his nephew's car ready to hit the track.  We are all stunned and sad.  The club and the track lost one amazing person this week.  Pray for his family as they navigate this loss.  He will be missed so very much.  


While I really don't want to write more, there was more to write.  I did get three runs in, two three milers and one 5 miler.  There is SO much mud.  I tried to stay out of it as much as possible but we still got yucky just running on concrete.  Our gravel may never dry out enough to run on it again.  I also did two strength classes.  Yea me:)



Stella also got a spa day.  She wasn't a fan.  0 out of 4 stars.  I do think it made her feel a lot less itchy though and we are going to continue once a week baths to see if this is helpful for her allergies.   


Saturday was my first metaphysical fair and it was in the Columbian in Wamego.   I volunteered all day and loved it.   I spent way too much money, but that is okay, I don't go to many of these.    I also had a reading from a healer and she read  Tony and Andrew as well and she was SPOT ON.  I don't know her at all, but she nailed each of us.  I also did my first medium gallery reading and of all the people that came through, my Grandma Gordon and my dad came through.  It was very interesting and I can't wait to do it again!   I am going to do a live video talking about it because it is TOO much to write but it was amazing.  


I also lead a group for the ghost hunt that went from 7 until 11 ish and we had some great activity as always.    Bonus, I won a HUGE basket of ghost hunting equipment in a raffle and I can't wait to use it!


I just need to get something to put all of these goodies in!  




That is about it for writing.  I am not in the writing mood, so this is short and sweet.  Excited to have the Chiefs back in the super bowl.  Have a great week y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment