Sunday, February 4, 2024

Still sad

What did I learn this week?  Surround yourself with amazing people.  I am so very blessed to have some wonderful people in my corner.  To have shoulders to cry on.  To have people to listen to me as I process some big feelings.  I was sad and mad this week.  I was not happy and dreading the funeral of my friend Jerry.  I am an easy crier if that makes sense and when I get going, I can't stop.  I'm serious, I am full of snot and sobs and I don't want to ruin someone's funeral because I am in the corner sobbing.  We were asked to sit with the family and I tried to cry quietly, but it was such an amazing funeral that showcased how much Jerry was loved that I just couldn't.  We were all moved to hear so many stand up and talk about how amazing he was.  I am still grieving and will continue for some time but here are some pictures from the after party because yes, he would have wanted us to drink and celebrate his life.  We did a shot of Jerry's favorite whiskey and just sat and talked over some amazing beers.  Great friends, all together, one big family.  






There was running.  There was working out.  There was even a Taylor Swift party.  That doesn't matter this week.  What matters is celebrating the life of one amazing man.  Maybe next week I can get back to writing about other things.  

If you know you know.  RIP Jerry.

Have a great week y'all.   







No comments:

Post a Comment