Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Andrew's First day of School

Mommy's warning here!  There is nothing about running in this post, so abandon ship if you just like running.  This is a way for me to remember his very first day of kindergarten.


We were going to walk to school.  We live a few blocks away, and we were so excited.  Till we got outside and it was thundering and raining.  Sigh.  To the car we go.  



Little man didn't mind.  He was SO excited to go to his "big boy school".  I was a little nervous, because I had heard what a mess parking could be.  


We got to the school before the doors opened and luckily found a spot fairly easily for once.  We got in the doors as the storm hit in earnest.  We found our way to our new class and to the line up outside the door.  


All the kiddos were posing for pics.  It was truly mad chaos inside the building.  Andrew seemed okay.  He talked to his new friends and his old little love bug friends that were all around him in other class rooms.  


Of course we got pics with all of his wrestling friends.  


Some of the kiddos were getting pretty upset and his smile was turning into a frown, so I took it as time for me to leave.  No tears from either of us!  


I found this sign on the internet and had to print it. I totally forgot to do the whole sign thing pre school starting, but the storm was hindering good pictures.  When we went to pick him up from Boys and Girls club, he was hysterically crying.  From what we can get, he was super upset because he got in trouble on the play ground.  He also mentioned bullying.  I am not sure what to believe.  I DO NOT like picking my kiddo up hysterical and in tears, but at the same time, if he was doing something wrong, he needs to be fussed at.  I hate that whatever happened caused him to be upset about the whole day and caused him to not want to go back to school.  IN fact he said he hated his new school and wanted to go back to his old school.  Change is hard and I know he always needs a day or two to get use to new situations (remember camp invention?).  I think the majority of the day was good for him.  He talked about liking lunch and making a playdough minion.  He brought home a colored picture, but he seemed stress that it didn't turn out how it wanted it.  I honestly had hoped he would be more like his daddy, but it seems he inherited his type A from me.  Sigh.  Will be getting lots of advice from my mommy on how to handle my mini me.  Looking forward to the rest of the week and getting into our routine.  All in all, minus the crying, I think he had a good day, and I am going to think about the positive and not focus on the negative. 

Kindergarten stats that everyone put on their pics that I totally forgot to do:
43 lbs
3 foot 7 inches
curly red hair
still loves Thomas and legos
wants to be a train conductor when he grows up
favorite dog: Harley

Class of 2030!



No comments:

Post a Comment