Sunday, November 26, 2017

December Runfessions

Ah, time for some runfessions!  Grab a beer or whatever your favorite poison is, and cuddle up for some confessing via me :)


As I sip on my Leine's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, I runfess that I have really, really enjoyed all of these days off with my kiddo.  I may have kidded that I was loosing my mind on Facebook, but honestly, I really loved every minute of it (well maybe not when cleaning up puke but...). When he wasn't sick, we have gotten some super fun things done together and when he was sick, I did some major deep cleaning, purging of clothing and other non used items, blog writing, and was in general very productive around the house.  I kind of enjoyed it and kind of wished I didn't have to work outside of the house, but alas, the bills don't disappear and our company isn't to the point where I can be a full time employee or stay at home mom, so back to work I go.  I am very thankful though that I do have a super flexible job and boss that understands that yes my kid is still running a fever over and over and over.

My fav meal thus far.  Cranberry Pork Roast

It smelled awesome cooking!




















Now switching to some Shiner's Cheer.  I runfess that the freezer prep meals that I have actually cooked (yes, me cook if you count dumping stuff in the slow cooker cooking!) haven't been all that great.  We realized after the first two that all of the ingredients are super healthy. While there is NOTHING wrong with no salt, or low sodium broth, or low fat this and that, I do like flavor and so does my hubby.  He has started looking at the recipes prior to me "cooking" and doctoring the dishes.  Thus far we have made the cranberry pork which I thought was wonderful, the mac and cheese bake, which was not really a meal in itself, and the slow cooker southwestern casserole, which was enough to feed an army and had no flavor but smelled really good cooking.  However, Hyvee is doing another class and I am tempted to sign up again, because these dishes have been SUPER easy to cook, and so nice to have ready to go.  I really think even though they aren't very super flavorful, they are worth the money and time.  Plus, these are recipes my hubby would never have cooked and now we have a couple we would like to do again our way :)

My last runfession is about pacing!  I am SO excited to be pacing two races this spring.  We have a ton of new pacers so I knew I wouldn't get all of the races that I had hoped to pace.

Check out their Facebook page for more cool pictures like this one!

I will be pacing the 2:40 group at the 2018 Liberty Half Marathon this year!

 

I will also be pacing the 2:35 group for the Bill Synder Highway Half!  Come join me and run these great races!!!!  I didn't get Running with the Cows, but since I love it so much, I may have to enter and run it anyway!

Anyway, have a great December. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  See you in January for more runfessions and more yummy winter brews!

No comments:

Post a Comment