Sunday, November 19, 2017

Recovery week + FLU????


This week is brought to you by the letter R and F or maybe V.  As in RECOVERY and then FLU/Virus!  Remember last week when I was thinking about staying or going as Andrew was sick and then I went hoping I wouldn't get sick on the way to the race or at the race? Well, that worked out for me at the race.  Unfortunately for little man, he was finally after a whole weekend of fevers, diagnosed with the Flu.  Part of me wanted to take him to Convenient care on the weekend, but he had no other symptoms and I didn't want to look like that parent that took her kid in even though it was a viral thing and basically untreatable.  Then Sunday night, he threw up again and just couldn't keep his fever down, so I made an appointment for first thing Monday morning to see his Dr.   After it was confirmed flu, I had the choice to take Tamiflu or roll the dice and see what happened.  I took Tamiflu last time and didn't get sick, but felt horrible as the Tamiflu really kicked my butt in itself.   Then fast forward to a few hours later, I got a call from the Dr's office that the test was mis read and he didn't in fact have Flu.  What???  Okay, glad it was a mistake.  The Dr did say that he had seen several others just like him that morning, so something viral is going around.


Okay, so I am seriously still on cloud nine.  We got our photos from the race, and yes I am smiling or trying not to smile in every shot.   Yes, these were at the beginning, and I think it would be funny to see my face after running the same circle for 6 straight hours.  


 It's pretty easy to spot myself in the pictures.  Hot pink stands out on a background of the grey day!



Not sure why I had such goofy looks on my face the entire time.  Right now, the worst aftermath of this is the blisters.  I have never had blisters so bad and one popped on it's own and let me tell you, I can barely walk!!!!  I have it covered now because it was oozing so much fluid that it was grossing me out.  I don't know how these ultra runners run with these things popped open, because I can barely walk right now and this one is only about the size of a quarter.  I haven't popped the other one on the other foot and it hasn't on it's on and I am hoping it doesn't pop . I guess every race brings forth a new challenge and new aftermath!

ALERT!  I have included a gross foot/blister pic so  if you don't like that kind of thing scroll down fast!!!  I will keep it super small.  It actually looks way better than it did but it still super hurts.  And yes, I have two huge calluses too but I usually have those.


As the week went by, it was obvious that this viral mess was not going anywhere.  While it was nice to be able to recover from my race by lots of resting, drinking lots of water, and lots of tv/movie watching, I am a do-er.  I was ready to pull my hair out by day 6 of this mess!  I did get to get out briefly and see other humans on Wednesday night.  I signed up to take a freezer meal class.  



We each were tasked at making one meal for the entire group.  I am NOT a cook or a preparer of food, and I was very honest with the leader of the class about this fact.  She quickly found me the easiest of all of the recipes.  Basically, I had to put a pre portioned 1 lb of steak in a bag and add half a package of fajita liquid mix.  Easy peasy!  I walked away with 10 meals, which adds up to about 14 dollars per meal for a family of 4!!!!!  I can't wait to do this again and I can't wait to dig into some of these recipes!  They all looked incredibly yummy, except maybe the fish, BUT I am willing to try something new.  I wish we could get a group together in the community and do this.  I hear these freezer prep parties are fun and very doable if you get a good group together and find some good recipes!


Thursday found us with much lower temperatures in the morning and mostly fever free the majority of the day.  I had hoped that we would be ready to go back to school Friday, so I could actually get back to being a normal non feral human being.   When he woke up Friday morning, he was fever free, but still coughing horribly.  I decided another day off and weekend was probably the best.  Plus, he had technically spike a small low grade fever before bed, so not in the whole 24 hours fever free zone yet.  

By Saturday, it was obvious that all of my attempts to thwart this virus from attacking me was all for naught.  Luckily, I just had the congestion, coughing, and snot blowing versus the high fever.  Thanks to airborne and Zicam for tempering this mess down.  I had plans though for Saturday nignt and I was not going to miss.  With good drugs on board, I headed out to see Bad Moms 2 with my bestie.


Not only where we going to see a super funny movie, BUT we were in the dine in theater that also included some adult drinks.  I had had a super late lunch, so I opted for some dark chocolate churros with amazing whipped cream and a mango Margarita.  I couldn't really taste the drink, but I could taste the dark chocolate and it was AMAZING!


Sunday dawned with little man and I sleeping in.  This whole week has been nothing but sleeping in and going to bed early.  Next week is going to be super tough getting back into the grind, but I miss people and my beetles and life in general :) 0 miles this week minus a little wogging with my GOTR girls, but that is okay. I needed some down time and obviously my body had plans of it's own.  Looking forward to some wogging next week and my first official turkey trot!

Have a great week and stay virus free!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment