Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pre Thanksgiving post and photo dump

It's that time of year again!  I have been trying really, really hard not to dial up the christmas radio and just jam out.  I am getting super excited for this holiday because heck, my kiddo is super excited and thanksgiving is only tomorrow!  We have to drive around the neighborhood every night because people already have their lights up and little red LOVES lights and decorations.  The park will be lit up by the end of this week fully and he begs me every night to drive through and check.  He is getting me SO excited for the Christmas season.
This week has been so much fun thus far!  We got to drop Uncle Cayce at the airport in KC and visit the T-Rex Cafe and afterwards, walk around the Legend's mall (which is an outdoor mall space).  I was kind of worried about going to the T Rex cafe based on the yelp reviews.  I didn't see much over a 1 star review but I kept my expectations low and was pleasantly surprised.  Plus earlier this summer, andrew was a little scared by animatronics animals at the Rolling Hill's zoo in Salina, and I figured there would be many in this place.
Yeah, the place was a money suck, and yeah we had to wait to be seated even though it was empty, and yeah it took a while for our food to come out BUT, we had TONS of fun.  They have a huge gift shop with lots to look at that kept us entertained while we waited, we ordered very simple dishes that were very tasty, and our waitress was super nice and helpful.  While waiting for our food, we did the scavenger hunt and found all of things on our list, which took up most of the time we would be waiting for our food.  At the end, because of the wait for our appetizer, they took that off the bill and honestly, for the amount of food we got (including a commemorative cup with an icee), the bill wasn't bad at all.  
We even decided to do the build a bear workshop, which of course was build a dino instead of bear.  Meet Salvy, the red dino, AKA little red's best new friend.
 After dinner, we walked around and looked at the christmas decorations.  Little red had so much fun looking at the trees all lit up, and we had fun stretching our legs before another 2 hour car ride back to home from KC.  The weather has been unseasonably warm for November which helped make the walking even more enjoyable.
Then last night I had this on my plan!  Well, it was originally for monday, but since we went to KC, I switched monday to an off day, and last night to a speed work session.
I was a little worried about several things, one being my ankle, two being the wind, which was sustained at 16 mph and coming from the south.  My preferred repeat gravel road is a north south road, but we made it work.  We did our 600s into the wind and our 400 recovery after that was walked.  Then we headed back north for the 400 and 200 intervals, and ran those recoveries at a slow jog.  We ended up doing over 6 miles, and I am happy to say my ankle is only a tiny bit sore today.  I have decided to run exclusively in my Kinvaras, since I am having so much luck with them and my ankle/shin issues.   I hope this keeps up, because I just bought new ones on sale from Sacouny to keep back for when these wear out:)  I just couldn't pass up free shipping and 20% off!

I wanted to close out this post by saying what I am thankful for.  I am not sure I will be able to post tomorrow as we have company coming over and my hubby has mucho cooking to do, which means mucho keeping little red out of the kitchen for me.  It's hard to narrow it down to just a few things.  I honestly live such a blessed life and am lucky to have many family members who love me, a great hubby, great friends and the best little red headed baby and dogs.  We are thankful and blessed with good health, a roof over our heads, and  jobs that give us money to live comfortably with.  Other than a few blips here and there, this year has been exceptionally wonderful and drama free, and I am super thankful for that.  I hope this continues into 2016:)  

Have a great thanksgiving and happy turkey trotting to all of those running tomorrow!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment