Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thinking Out Loud Thursday!

I want to blog more.  Blogging gives me a sense of relief, almost of therapy, much like when I run or bike with friends.  I love reading multiple blog posts from my favorite bloggers.  It's like a window into their world and sometimes soul :)  I love when they also play with prompts.  When I did agility, we would be given a topic and then link up to share our thoughts.  I think they still do that, but not very frequently.  I really enjoy link ups so I can find new bloggers to puruse.  There are several link up and prompts out there and I am muddling over which ones I would like to do.  I have a full time job, so I don't want blogging to be another job or this thing that I feel like I have to do.  On the other hand,  I really like getting thoughts out of my head, onto screen so they quit scrambling my brain.  Anyhoo, here is my first attempt at using a link up or prompt to write a blog. Hope you enjoy:)

Today's prompt is Thinking Out Loud Thursday hosted by Amanda.  Check out her cool blog


Well, here goes.  Randomness in my head onto paper.
Pokemon GO:  Okay, I will admit, I was one of the ones highly annoyed with all of the sudden appearance of the zombie like figures in my neighborhood.  We saw them night after night, moving in hordes, staring endlessly at their tiny phone screens, and pointing.  We had NO clue what was going on at first, because we aren't hip, and didn't know about this new app Pokemon Go.  We finally found out why suddenly our neighborhood was so popular.  We live about a block away from City Park in Wamego, so on the way to several Pokestops.  We kept watching as nightly, sometimes in the 100 degree plus heat, the kids would be active, moving around our neighborhoods on foot, scooters, or bikes, laughing, running and cheering.  I asked my student at school who had the app, to show me what it was all about. I  was curious as to why suddenly there were so many kids getting out and about.  She showed me not only how to catch pokemon, but also how to hatch eggs and collect pokeballs at Pokestops.  I was amazed at how much ground we covered trying to catch these creatures with names I can't even pronounce.  I was gobstopped (yeah I just pulled the age card there) at how far you had to walk just to hatch some of the eggs (still learning why hatching eggs is important), but interested to learn that some eggs required 6 MILES of walking to hatch!  I know we as adults like our fitness counters, but how many kids have anything that tracks their activity?  I think this app is GENIUS!  It's fun, it's an easy way to have a more active lifestyle, and if you obey the rules to stay off of private property, you can have a ton of fun.  NO, you do not have to stare at your phone 24/7 but heck, most kids I know of were already doing this before the app came out so why not add an active component to it?  I know there will be people who will hate it no matter what, but I am proud to say I am a convert and excited to play!  I even took the dogs on an extra walk just this morning so I could have more playing time and andrew loves going out to hunt for Pokemon!  I did notice last night that andrew was having some issues understanding that these things are not real and that they are in our house but fake.  I quickly said that stella eats them (because my trying to explain that are fake just wasn't working) as they come into our bedroom and that was the end of that.  Stella for the win.
Stella:  Speaking of stella, we go back to KSU vet med tomorrow for a recheck, including blood work and urinalysis.  I am nervous and hoping that they are encouraged by her progress.  She has gained 2 lbs in these two weeks which I think is good.  
She weaned off of the codeine (pain pills) this week and honestly, I think is better since she is off of them.  I was super nervous to see how she would feel, and seems to be feeling great.  Which brings in a new set of problems, mainly keeping a very high drive dog happy without throwing the frisbee or the ball, and figuring out a plan for rehab.  She is still on the high dose of steriods and has pretty much destroyed the wood floors in certain areas BUT I wouldn't trade one urine stained towel for anything, as long as she is alive and with me and on the road to recovery.  

Speedwork and Strength training:  Oh, and you might as well throw in eating healthy to that mix. I have lost my mojo on all three of these topics.  I need to get it back.  I slightly miss strength training, and during my bike ride last night kind of felt guilty for skipping it for my bike, but then was like nah.  I need to stop stress eating too, especially since STella seems to be on the mend and i Have nothing to stress eat about.  All of my friends are being so good right now and I am like Mcdonald's drive through, I love you!  I need to find a way to do some sort of speedwork as well, because I have read that a major mistake runners make when training for an Ultra is ditching speedwork.  Maybe writing about all three of these topics will help me get back on the wagon.  Now where is that ice cream my boss bought from Call hall?:)

My Job:  We have always had ebb and flow since we have had our service center.  Our service center saved my job's life four years ago when we lost our final grant funding for our beetle work.  Things have been steady until around mayish of this year.  I hear crickets chirping in my lab as I type.  I am typing this up mainly to have something to do.  I am scared.  I don't want to loose my job.  My boss is the BEST boss ever made, and I don't want to work for anyone else.  She is the most understanding, caring, yet non micromanipulating boss that I have ever had.  She is the woman I aspire to be when I grow up.  Well, her and my mom.  Please don't let this end.  Please don't let this end.  


Okay that was kind of fun!  Check out the other bloggers Thinking out Loud on Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment