Friday, November 4, 2016

Rethinking next year and recovery

I am sure others are like this so raise you hand if you do this and can relate.  After any big race I IMMEDIATELY search out other races of that distance to do ASAP.  I have seriously been looking at 50 Ks all week, planning and scheming.  I also have been searching for a new coach since my coach is going back to work full time and is not going to have time for coaching.  I am seriously in love with the 50 K distance.  I want to try again and try for a stronger finish.  I also would like to train over the winter versus the heat of summer (please KS winter, be kind).   Having said that, I was having trouble deciding which races to do and which not to do.  I tend to over extend myself and without a coach to help me make a rational decision, I can get myself into trouble.  Lucky for me, my old coach agreed to look at my race schedule that I wanted to do, and help me make some hard decisions.  Originally it looked like this:

March 25th Wicked Half-Wamego (where I live now)
April 1st-road marathon Andrew Jackson Marathon in Jackson TN (my home town)
April 15th possible trail marathon-Manhattan KS
April 29th 50K trail in KS
May 13th Running with the Cows Half-Kansas City
May 20th Bill Snyder Half-Manhattan KS

I had to make some decisions to cut some things out, because I needed to commit to a coach (i have a couple i have been talking with) and a training plan.  After some talking and some soul searching I decided this might look a little bit better:

March 25th Wicked Half-Wamego (where I live now)
April 1st-road marathon Andrew Jackson Marathon in Jackson TN (my home town)
April 29th 50K trail in KS
May 20th Bill Snyder Half-Manhattan KS


I want to do all of them and it is really hard to cut the RWTC, as it is one of my most favorite races but I have to be reasonable about what my injury prone body can tolerate.  Here goes nothing!
Looks like I will at least get a month or more of just easy fun running before the next set of craziness begins!


No comments:

Post a Comment