Sunday, May 7, 2017

A week of recovery

Ah, a nice week of recovery.  I needed it!  I had nothing planned as far as running, other than some bike riding, some walking with the track kids, and some walking with my fur kids.  Mother nature must have heard that I needed down time, because she decided to dump rain until mid week.  We surprisingly had track and t ball despite the rain.  Andrew is doing the t ball clinic for the second year in a row, since he is still not 5, and the cut off for birthdays for playing in the real league was May.  I had high hopes that his fear of being in front of crowds had subsided, since he wrestled no problems in front of 100s of screaming people at 2 meets.  He started with gusto and ended with tears.  I am not sure exactly what happened, but from our vantage point in the stands, it appeared that andrew thought the exercise at the station he was currently at was pointless.  He had checked out, the coach was trying (what appeared to be very nicely at that) to get him to participate.  Since he was blocking other kids from participating, I walked over to let him know that he needed to indeed get up, and before I could even say anything, there were tears.  After that he refused to run the bases and only went back out for the all hands in yelling fun.  We shall see where we get to next week.  I think the coach was right in trying to motivate him to participate, and I hope we can get a little bit more resilient in the future to correction.  I know his coaches corrected him multiple times in wrestling and he took it well and didn't stop participating.  Since I don't want to overwhelm him with too much at an early age, we are moving track club down to one night a week, but I am still going to help coach as much as I can.  This week I was kind of a dud, but went Tuesday night anyway to help hand out shirts and singlets for the meet this weekend.  My favorite track kids all wanted to know how my race went and loved hearing stories of the fun we had.



Which brings me to these pictures.  See the white stuff on my behind???  Apparently my gypyrunner shorts had some soap in them, and the constant rain made me have soapy butt LOL!  I heard mel mention several times I had soap on my butt, but the pictures really prove it.  I guess other runners thought it was salt??  Who knows, as Jim says (who was behind us and then passed us later) we didn't care, we just wanted to be done and at the finish line.  I just think it is super funny that we now have photographic proof of my soapy butt!!!!!

As the week went on, my worst chafing slowly got better, but still impeded everything I was trying to do.  I think I mentioned this before, but I chafed something wicked between my legs where my underwear seems sit.  I am so sympathetic to my male friends or females for that matter that get chub rub.  Holy crap it hurts so bad!!!!  Everything has a seam in and everything rubs it!  I have one side covered because it was so bloody and weepy, but the other is so long and big that we couldn't cover it fully with anything, so it just hangs out and hurts!  If anyone has any tips on how to expedite healing, let me know!  I would like to run soon and I am not sure how that is going to feel.  

I did course sweep for our cancer center 5K.  First time and had fun just power walking for 3.1 miles

I am looking forward to some slow running next week.  I am doing  a half marathon in a two weekends with no expectations other than have tons of fun.  I have always wanted to do the Synder half in manhattan and the situation presented itself that I could buy someone's bib and help them out, so I am running with one of my BRFs.  Post that, I will do some smaller distances, my favorite 10K in august Brew to Shoe, a few 5Ks, and maybe some trail runs.  I am not sure when official training for Chicago and my next 50 K begins, but looking forward to some shorter distances and shorter runs before ramping back up.  

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment