Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Hay is in the Barn. Let's go!

I am not going to write up a day by day workout this week, because I have been mostly biking and resting.  My leg/ankle/foot feels much much better, but I don't want to push my luck.  I was planning on biking tonight, but we had soccer practice, and then I decided to just go out and run a mile.  Mostly, I wanted to see how the tape felt while I was running.  Previously, when I have been taped up for tendonitis, it didn't feel well as it put too much pressure on the ouchy spots.  I am happy to say that the tape isn't really bothering anything and feels helpful.

I go back for re-taping on Saturday morning.  I have to say, I haven't been distressed about my injury, and have been thoroughly enjoying my down time and biking.  Kind of scary right?  I am one of those hard headed people who will run on one leg if need be.  Apparently so is miss stella, but that is a different blog post.  Anyway, I have been going to bed early and sleeping till the last moment that I can and still get andrew and I ready in the morning and to school and work.  I have been eating good food and having a few beers and relaxing.  I honestly feel good about this weekend, even with the lay off.  I am ready.  The hay is in the barn.  I have trained all summer diligently, and I have pretty much enjoyed every humid, hot sunrise/sunset.  I have had so much fun training with this crazy lady!!!!!


This woman is my rock.  She has been by my side for almost every sweaty minute of this journey.  I love her so much, and I am so excited we are going to rock this course together!  We may not be running together for this race (we run our own races when it comes game time), but she will be with me every step of the way, just a few steps ahead.  


This course is going to be absolutely gorgeous, and I can see me taking lots and lots of pictures.  I am going to enjoy this course, and not be in a super hurry.  I hear there are only about 13 people registered for this event, and I will probably be DFL, but I just don't care.  What matters to me most is again getting my nutrition right, honoring this course, and finishing with a smile on my face or at least a grimace that resembles a smile.  I hope my body/lower leg behaves and lets me honor my goals.  

Well, I guess I will see y'all on the flip side!  I am hoping we have some sort of service so I can post to my instagram throughout the race.  Feel free to give me some cheers on my FB page (Michelle Gordon Coleman) or my instagram feed (redaussie3). I am so excited to be doing this race and so excited to take y'all with me!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment