Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October runfessions

Going to do a better job this month and not be late with my runfessions.  Here is a good ole pumpkin patch full of them!


I runfess, I feel very behind in training my puppy and very lazy and I fear that may bite me in the ass later literally.  With my other sport puppies we had tons of skills already in our tool box by this time and I am feeling so behind.  I honestly am just enjoying getting to know Boom and all of his weirdness and letting him get use to our routine and pack.  I am also still pretty tired from the amount of training I do, so yes, I let some things slide.  I do runfess we are going to have to go back to crating him at night.  Yes, I said go back to.  We have been lazy in letting him do a few things including not being crated at night.  He can already jump on and off of our bed, so he does a pretty good job of sleeping in our bed with the other two dogs and getting off and going downstairs when he needs to potty.  So far he has only had a couple of accidents in the bedroom (that i have found).  He does have a bad habit of peeing in our bed and on my hubby's side, so I do have to watch that, but that is usually when we are still awake.  He is such a quirky little guy.  He is slowly starting to love being cuddled and loved on, but it has taken a ton of time.  My other two aussies i currently have are big snugglers, so that is a change.  As I have said before, I really think he is an old soul and much like my miller man if we had had miller as a puppy.  We also need to rethink the X pen.  He knows how to get out now, so it is pretty useless.  I know he can go longer without needing a litter box, so I think the time now is to transition away from the pen and more to a day time crate.  He isn't crated very long anyway, thanks to me being able to have him at work.  We crate him for our lunch time if we go out, and then maybe a couple of hours while I head to Manhattan for training or for Andrew's activities.  I haven't done much shaping with him either and I worry that he is already kind of clueless when we do work.  I have shaped a sit and tony shaped a wait, but the down has required some luring and i hate that.
Keep your finger's crossed for this one!

I got shot down for another ambassador program. I don't know why I keep applying for these things.  I don't have many products that I fiercely love, but this was one of them and I knew that it would be a long shot, but I tried anyway and nope, no thank you. It makes me sad, but I keep plugging along. I know I am not the best at these applications and my social media followers aren't in the thousands, but I just wish I could do an oral interview so I could really shine :) I just applied to be a BAMR ambassador for the second year, so fingers crossed because again, this is a brand I am VERY passionate about.

I runfess I was much more confident going into parent teacher conferences this year. I haven't had many emails from the teacher and there have been very little tears if any post school.  BUT, i didn't know if this teacher kept it all in till the conferences or what.  I am pleased to say that most all of the talk was about how he was progressing and how he loved of all things math!  I HATED math, so this makes me so happy that maybe he got his daddy's brain for math, because even to this day I struggle with math.  He is still behind in reading compared to the standard, but this year they aren't pushing the standard as much as they are rewarding and being happy about progress.  I LOVE this strategy, but I hate that his first year was all about the push to the standard, which turned him off to pretty much any reading.  We are slowly building that love back up, and I am happy to say he is reading all the time now, not really books, but just anything he sees when we are out and about.    There was some talk about his focus.  They admitted he has good days and bad days and that they still feel like he doesn't have the ability to focus.  Whether that is because of ADHD or confidence, we are all still kind of unsure.  We are going to give him to Christmas time and if the problem is still there, then think about having him tested for ADHD:(


I think that is all for the month of October!  See ya in November and enjoy all the pumpkin and fall things!!  I know I will be sitting on my deck, drinking my pumpkin beer and watching the leaves turn and fall cuddled up in a warm fuzzy blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment