Sunday, October 21, 2018

Race week.....again!

Randolph's Revenge week!  I am so excited to try a new to me race that is close by.  Stella and I are excited since we train on the Fancy Creek side which is just right across the road.  I am hoping the trails will treat us kindly as the weather this week is going to be awesome!

age group awards!  I won't be getting one but how cool is this???
Monday:  GOTR day and Cross Fit.  I don't like doing cross fit on my rest day, but this week we had parent teacher conferences on Tuesday and Erin my trainer had something going on in her life too that night.  The girls did an amazing job again and Cross Fit was hard but fun.  We worked on squatting, both back squats and over head squats, tweaking my positioning and increasing the weight.  I think I ended my back squats with 65 lbs, but I could be wrong.  My work out was 21 pull ups (band assisted) 21 wall ball sit ups, and then 15 and 15, and ending on 9 and 9.  Hard but doable.  We also worked more on the Turkish get up with increasing weights.  I can tell my balance is getting better but this exercise really is dependent on how loose or tight my hips are.  We are finding that my hips take forever to loosen up and this may be problematic if I take a real class because you need to do what you need to do pretty quickly.


Tuesday:  Easy run.  I decided on 4 miles and went with it.  This run was a SLOG!  I honestly thought maybe the humidity was high or something, but nope it wasn't.  My legs felt like lead and my breathing was way off.  I am going to blame it on the cross fit for the legs but not so sure about the breathing part.  We also had parent teacher conferences.  I will post about it in my runfessions.  95% of it was amazing and just 5% bad and I will take it!

i love this photo even though I look preggers and dimnity is making a super funny face!

Wednesday:  Rest day and AMR LIVE! When the AMR ladies announced they were coming to KC for a live podcast party, I was all in.  The problem?  My van loves to break down lately and they were down on the plaza, a part of KC I know NOTHING about.  Enter in my wonderful hubby!!!!  He decided that he and Andrew could go with me, so I wouldn't be driving in a place I don't know.


My hubby is so awesome.  I love him SO much.  We were able to get down to the Plaza in time to eat and then get gelato before the podcast started.  We had a 30 minute meet and mingle where there was food and drink (but i never did see where it was, not that i needed it) and then we had to sit on the floor.  You see this podcast was in a lululemon store and there were no chairs, so young and old had to sit their butts on a the hard floor.  I will be honest in saying it was pretty hard to sit still as my butt and back were killing me pretty quickly.


We had not been given a head's up about the topic, so we quickly found out it was about using technology in our runs i.e. Aftershokz head phones and garmin watches.  Well hello, i know a thing or two about both of those things :)  They had three mother runners come up and talk about using the technology I just mentioned.  So many times I wanted to yell out answers though as I do use my garmin for pace, programming specific work outs, heart rate, and also training effect and cadence.  Oh well, maybe some day I will get to be on a podcast :)  They had a guy from Garmin talk about specifics to garmin watches and this part I LOVED! I learned about so many features I didn't know about, specifically the target finish time, which will be perfect if and when I pace again!  All in all I walked away learning some new tricks and WINNING an Aftershokz bundle!!!!


I am not usually a winner of the things so this came as quite a shock.  Plus, our swag bags that we got to take home included a tube of Nuun, Balega socks (too big for my little feet but perfect for my mom), GU samples, and a really cool running waist belt from Aftershokz.  For a minute i contemplated seeing if someone would trade me for a gift card to the Lululemon store, but then I thought no, it wouldn't hurt to have a back up pair and maybe I could get tony addicted to them as much as I am!  Plus, he did all the driving and kept Andrew occupied at the movies while I was at the podcast so he deserves something :).  It was SO good to see both Dimity and SBS as they were both at my first half and then SBS was at first marathon.  I kind of get choked up when I see them because they are kind of like goddesses to me and I would LOVE to be on their podcast someday to talk about running and racing with dogs.  I get pretty star struck and kind of stumble over what to say and then I feel like I come across as kind of an idiot.  Oh well, maybe I should just do my own podcast and my mom can download and listen LOL!  Other than a sore butt from sitting on the hard floor, I kind of floated home and then couldn't sleep till after midnight.  

Thursday:  short run and Cross Fit.  Andrew was out of school so running after dropping him off wasn't an option but after I had trouble sleeping, getting up at 4 am and running with Amber and Mel wasn't either.  We slept in a little and then went to work.  We had sylvan since parent teacher conferences were on our normal nights.  I had my Cross Fit session during his tutoring and Erin just about killed me in a good way.  We worked on our cleans, breaking it down into small portions and then putting it all together and adding weight.  I think I got up to 65 lbs but I could be completely wrong.  The bar felt a little light so she may have had me on the trainer bar and i just didn't know it.  I seem to do better when I am almost at max with regards to form because then I can't cheat.  The AMRAMP was 10 minutes of 10 kettle bell pulls, 250 meters of rows without arms, and 10 cleans.  I felt like JELLO post work out!  I sure do love lifting!  By the time we were done and I got back over to pick up Andrew, I ran out of time to run.  I decided not to freak out but instead get an easy shake out run friday at some point and then either just getting 3 runs in this week or running sunday post race day.  

Friday: Unintentional rest day again.  Sigh.  Just didn't get it done, life got in the way. Figured I could run Sat and sun and be okay.  We instead went to the Pumpkin Patch and had fun with one of Andrew's classmates Charlotte.  They had so much fun and played together so well.  I love that Andrew is friends with so many of his little love bug's classmates.


Saturday: Race day!  I will post a recap here.  Highlights include getting lost 3 times and coming in dead last but it was a fun race and I don't care what place I come in.

Sunday:  Rest day.  Yeah, two runs this week is where it is at.  I was pretty sore in the am and then we got busy and I just didn't get a run in.  Oh well, there is always next week.  I will be back on my normal cross fit schedule of Tuesday/Thursday which will help.  I did spend a huge part of my day with my Melly and I needed it.  We are on different running schedules right now and sometimes see each other at Cross fit IF she sleeps in and has to do the night class.  My hubby was a hero of the day though.  Even though he had been up since 3 am, he took the kiddo to the pumpkin patch and to a movie while I had my girl's day.  He really is the best in the whole wide world!!!!!


What a crazy week!  Can't wait to be back on a "normal schedule".  In being at the podcast, one of the ladies was asked how many races she had done.  I had to go back and count :)  I do have a races page if you like to see what I have done and see links back to specific race reports.  Including the races I hope to do the rest of the year, I will have done 15 five Ks, 13 ten Ks, 22 half marathons, 4 twenty five Ks, 4 full marathons, 3 50Ks and then 1five miler, 1 two miler, and one 6 miler.  That's 64 races since I started in 2013!!!!  Kind of fun to look back!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment