Monday, October 1, 2018

Race week! Flatrock 25K game time!

Here we are, another race weekend.  I know this race is going to kick my ass royally, BUT I am going to enjoy every minute of it, soak in the scenery, and cheer on the other runners coming back through.  I am also excited to see Cindy and Miles as well as travel with new friends and hang out with my BRF's hubby (who will probably win the whole damn thing if he has a good race).  Stay tuned as i will probably do a separate race report since this is my very first time racing Flatrock!

Wonky ears on the daily

Monday:  Coaching and last On Ramp.  Decisions decisions.  I want to continue doing Cross fit and just don't know which route to take.  I am NOT ready for classes but holy moly private training is expensive!!!!  We worked on progressions for the gymnastic stuff.  Since i have 0 upper body strength, I got to see all the progressions and start with the easiest stuff.  I really like how they find where you are at instead of forcing you to kill your self to be where you should be.  The progressions for all of the things we worked on including pull ups, toe to bar, hand stand push ups, even good old push ups were very doable and I still felt like I was getting work done.  We did not do the final AMRAMP since it caused me some issues the time before.  My race is this week and i want to go into it 100%.  Coaching was also interesting as I had 14 girls all by myself until the second coach got there.  Let's just say they knew I was by myself and tried to run over me by talking and not paying attention and that is fine.  Luckily the other coach was earlier than normal (she has to fight traffic as she is a school teacher at another school across town) and she got them in line.  They all ran tons of laps, which I am proud of but there is some lying going on about lap counts AGAIN and we need to nip it in the bud.  Lying doesn't magically make you finish a 5K and we have to remind them of that.

up up the hill!
Tuesday:  5 miles with 5 x 30 second pick ups. I had cross fit on Monday, so I could run while Andrew was getting his learn on.  My favorite trailish is still not open so I had to do circles or I guess it is technically squares on the pavement/sidewalk around Cico Park.  At least today it was only 3 times around the park and the sheriff's office was doing training with their dogs so I could watch.  The temperature was amazing and I actually did 5 miles in under an hour while doing hills.  I LOVE FALL!

Wednesday:  Easy 4.  Coach allowed me to make a decision of either cross training or an easy 4 and since the weather is SO nice, I chose an easy 4.   I so love this time of year and even though post this race I won't have a specific race to train for (although I am eyeing a couple of halfs :)  It's so nice to see my pace times coming down, even on easy runs and my heart rate settle back down.


This happened during soccer practice Wednesday night.  We drove up to a hot air balloon getting ready to take off, then take off while the kids were practicing, and land a few miles down the road.  How cool (and distracting for 6 year olds) is that!

Thursday:  Rest day. Well, I take that back.  I did run with the girls.

Friday:  Travel day.  Coach had me running 4 but my PF had flared and i just had no interest in making it worse.  I started slathering on arnica and praying.  There were three of us from Wamego all running so we carpooled down and all stayed at the same hotel.  Cindy and Miles and stella and I ate pasta at the pasta feed (big mistake, tore up my stomach, when am I going to learn) and then headed back to the hotel for an early bed time minus the stinky puppy.  Of course that was right before Pat and Teri let me know they had beers and wanted to have one.  I really wanted to sleep but I can't pass good beer by so I headed out to hang out in the parking lot.


We had a beer and talked and it was a perfect night.  We got in bed early still but Stella barked at every.single.noise.  It seemed like every time I got settled she would bark.  URGH!  Still think i got sleep from around 10 pm till around 6:30 so all was better than I normally get.  


Saturday:  Race day!  Read my race report here.  


Sunday:  Rest day!  I woke up appropriately sore if there is such a thing.  My right hip flexor was a little angry and my feet felt a little beat up.  I need to find some trail shoes with a rock plate for these rocky trails.  My hubby bought me a R8 roller and I plan to put it to very good use!   I also got a little easy massage from Mrs. Trina at Rising Phoenix Wellness to get my muscles happy and ready to heal for my next adventure.  She can make my serotonin levels soar!!!!  Later we had drinks, chili, and Cinnamon rolls with my buddy Lindsey and had some girl time while the boys played video games. 


Okay, I confess, I want to do one more run before winter.  I am seriously eyeing Randolph's Revenge half or maybe the Little Apple half.  I would rather do a trail race so fingers crossed it is dog friendly so Stella ella can run with us!  Am I crazy????  Maybe but I want to see what changes Cross Fit can do for my running and by then I should be seeing some awesome results!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment