Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rain rain and more rain

The story of the town here lately has been rain.  The days have been super cloudy and humid and have rained at some point during the day or night.  I am sure all of this rain is a good thing but don't april showers bring may flowers?  What the heck do may showers bring?  I hope a good crop!  Not much to report on the running.  My right quad is still being tight and hateful despite lots of couch stretch, ice and advil.  Advil does take the pain, away so I know it is an inflammation.  I can't get in with Doug the master of pain till May 25th, so I will just have to suffer a little while longer.  My mileage has been pretty low this week with my target being 15-20 easy miles.  I did a monday, wednesday, friday, and saturday plan this week, just varying the mileage from 3-4 miles during the week and 9 on the weekend.

I have this new habit of listening to podcasts during my long run since my BRF is running her long runs on different days now.  I have caught up on Undisclosed (the new podcast about Adnan Syaed) as I had kind of forgotten it was coming out.  WOW!  I am blown away by all of the new stuff they have dug up.  I so hope that if he is innocent that they get him OUT of jail!  I also listened to the latest AMR podcast.  I sure hope I am still running in my 80s!  Inspiration for sure!

Sounds like next week is going to be much the same as this week plus cooler temps.  Cooler temps are awesome MINUS the humidity!  I will probably follow the same plan, 15-20 miles of easy running.  
I don't mind no sun, just easy on the humidity.  
At least the flowers are super happy right now with all of the rain.  Our front yard has exploded with color.  Stella and I even ran in the rain one of the days because it just felt good.
I did try something new after my long run this weekend.  I shared a breakfast pizza with andrew.  I wasn't sure how to feel about egg on a pizza but it ended up being pretty darn good.  

Well, this is a super random post but have a great sunday and the rest of the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment