Friday, February 27, 2015

a quick check in

What a crazy week at work again!  I haven't had much time to sit down at all and my nights seem to be just as equally hectic.  I am seriously thinking about investing in a laptop so I can blog at night in bed.  Those few minutes when everyone is settled and ready for sleep seem to be the only minutes I have left to do anything.  Seriously, moms of more than one,I don't know how you do it!
Almost 100 miles this month and it is a short month!
Running has been okay this week, mostly just getting mileage and not doing intense speed work as set forth for my plan.  I just can't seem to kick this cold completely. I put it out on FB as this cold/virus has been going around most of  KSU lately, and I got tons of, oh it lasts 3-4 weeks at least.  Sigh.  I don't have three to four weeks to give so I am being cautious and just doing mileage at this point.  I gave up my long run last weekend because I felt really, really bad, and i knew it was not a good idea.  While my coughing is minimal now and mainly when I get hot or wake up in the morning, I am still going to be cautious this weekend and just do an easy paced long run.  I just might get my wish too to use my Yaktrax that i got for christmas!  I sure do love snow runs so kind of excited for this! I did get on the dreadmill again this week, and did 4 miles on it of 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 intervals at 1% incline.  Every three minutes I increased the speed and that seemed to keep me from going insane.   I still hate the treadmill but definitely appreciate it when I can't get outside or have a baby sitter.

I am not getting as many cool pictures during my run since it is actually quite chilly out now so I will leave you with some random pictures of andrew:)
These are two of my favorite pictures.  I have to say, we are in the midst of potty training and this has been way easier than I ever imagined.  I had pictures of us holed up in the bathroom for several days on end with gnashing of teeth and accidents all over the place, but it has been a breeze.  He still occasionally has accidents but pretty much is 100% in regular thomas undies now.  I am so grateful to our preschool for starting the process and maintaining it during the day.  

Will check back after my long run!  Hoping for some snow!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment