Sunday, August 3, 2014

Random sunday

Just a little funny video of andrew in the bouncy house.  In a way, it was a good thing that he had the bouncy house to hang out in while I waited for awards and for the raffle.  It kept him busy and wore him out so we could nap as soon as we got home.

I also really enjoyed this chocolate milk post race and on the way home.  I convinced my mom to stop and get us chocolate covered doughnuts and she came out with chocolate milk too. She is so wonderful!

A few facts about yesterday's race.  I was 259th out of 375.  I was the 99th female out of 194 and 18th out of 33 in my age group.  The first place overall male came in at 30:30 and the overall first place female finished in 39:06.  All i can say is WOW!  I admire their fleet feet on a tough course.  I also love this race because you get free pictures and free video of your finish.    They take a few days to post so as I soon as I get them, I will post them.  I am not sure that I did my typical finish pose as I was pretty close to throwing up from pushing it but hopefully they didn't catch me turning off my watch.  
I just framed all of my spring half pictures.  I now need to print off my various 5 K and 10 k pics and get them framed.  I saw some pretty awesome collage frames at hobby lobby the other day and they had a 50% off sale on all frames.  I don't mind paying 25 bucks for a nice collage frame versus 50 bucks.  Now to get a medal holder to finish off that wall and get those medals off of my bedroom mirror.  
We had one last walk before mom headed out this morning. I ran three slow recovery miles with my BRF and then to cool off, we walked two before she got in her van and drove off.  I am really sad to see her go.  Andrew loves her so much and she does so much for me when she is here.  This trip she got to see my new job and equipment and we spent quite a bit of time together.  I so wish she would move to Kansas because i love her so and miss her so when she leaves.  She was so generous to stay an extra day or to so I could race and run this morning.  Safe travels mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment