Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Running on empty

Here are a few shots from the race the other day.  They aren't the best but you can't beat free!
 Hiding behind the clock, making the turn  at the 5 K mat!
 Almost there!  Thanks for the down hill!
I have the weirdest running form but I guess it works!

I actually did something non running and non dog sunday.  I had a ladies night out with a couple of runner friends.  We went to the Motley Crue concert in KC.  Unfortunately it got started almost an hour and a half late.  We waited in line out side in the heat and then inside crammed together like sardines.  I am 5 foot even so I am usually the shortest person there so I tend to get a little claustrophobic when I am in crowds. 
This picture was taken by a friend of a friend and posted on my FB page.  It was hot and many people got very upset. I am glad were at least inside but if people would have gotten rowdy or a fire had happened, I shudder to think what would have happened to us.  Let's just say the fact that I know how to do some deep yoga breathing helped immensely.  People may or may not have thought I was crazy.  
They finally let us up to the level where our seats were but still not in our seats.  At least it was less crowded and we could sit.  My poor friends both had on substantial heels so I know they were glad to sit.  It just so happened that there was a fruity beverage stand right where we were seated.  This was so delicious and so needed at the time.  
Our seats were far up but amazing.  Both alice cooper and motely crue had big stage productions so it was good to be far away to take it all in.  I had a little panic attack with the height of things but once the concert started I was fine.  I even stood up for a few songs to sing and dance.  
The only pic i got when Motley Crue started playing.  Man, their music brings back so many memories of childhood.  I can remember me and my best friend mendy hanging out with her older sister (because she was way cool) and listening to her albums like Ozzy and MC and Poison.  I remember going to the yearly fair and riding rides and hearing hair metal being blared out of the speakers.  I also remember watching MTV and thinking they way they dressed and acted was SO normal.  It was a great night and one of the best stage shows I have ever seen.  Vince's voice wasn't as bad as I had heard but they did drown him out the whole first half of the concert.  Alice cooper was amazing as well but we couldn't see details in his stage show since we were so far away and they didn't use the huge video screens.  I really loved Tommy Lee's drum fiasco or solo or whatever you want to call it but it did make me sick watching him go upside down and spin while playing the drums.  The best part was the encore, when MC came out and played Home Sweet Home on a stage that raised up and was almost level with our section.  It made going home and getting in bed at 3 am a little bit better.  Still don't know why everything was so late but it was a great night out with the ladies and I can't wait to hit another ladies night out concert!  Tonight's my first run after not getting much sleep the last two nights so should be interesting for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment